cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent plse help

affdean
Hooked

Urgent plse help

All, just about to go live with ADSL and have a hub zero (sagem 2704n). As I have my own router, I would like to use the plusnet router in modem mode. Is this possible and how?  I have been searching the net and this forum for a few hours but not got any answers. Please note its HUB Zero. Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Urgent plse help

Not for the faint hearted, but this thread might be useful https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/Unlocking-the-potential-of-Sagemcom-27...

Appears you SHOULD be able to do it by editing the config file.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

What router do you have? It might be easier to use that on its own?

affdean
Hooked

Thanks for the link MisterW, far too complictaed for me and risky. As for the router I have, its TP Link WDR4300, its wifi strength is excellent and is dual band but does not support ADSL. I currently have Sky ADSL and using their router in modem mode. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Ok, well unless it's possible to use the Sky modem with another ISP ( which I doubt ) then best thing might be to go and buy a modem. I've just bought one of these http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5728882 to use as a modem for my Fibre upgrade. It supports ADSL & VDSL so you would be future proofed if you moved to fibre. It is a fully fledged modem router but does support 'bridged' mode i.e modem only. As you can imagine, for the price, it lacks some facilities as a router, no wireless AC , no GBe but by all accounts it has a good modem. I haven't tested it in ADSL mode yet, but it worked fine on my office VDSL line. I will be putting it on my current ADSL line at the weekend in prep for the fibre changeover next week

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mml
Grafter

I hope I'm not raising a dead thread (I know it's helloween though Smiley ) but it's the first time I heard of a modem-only mode on a Sky router. How? And is it SR101 or 102?
affdean
Hooked

Its an SR102

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id7mLqemtfc&feature=youtu.be 

Connect both routers using Lan ports and used the same setup for hub zero too. Not perfect but it does work. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Ahh that explains it, you're not really using the Sky router in modem mode. It's still a modem/router , you're using the 2nd router just as a wireless access point.