cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading & Downloading after midnight -

pooleastra

Uploading & Downloading after midnight -

My daughter regularly uses UTorrent to download things.  How can we make sure that a lot of the downloading is done after midnight so that I dont have to keep paying for it?  Does anobody know much about this site and can you put start times and finish times.  Sorry to sound so vague but as you can tell I dont have this on my computer:-(  It would probably blow up if it did its that old....
Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Uploading & Downloading after midnight -

Welcome to the forums pooleastra Smiley
uTorrent isn't a site it's an application used for downloading torrents and for the sake of this post we'll assume it's all legal stuff Wink
If it's on windows it has a handy scheduler built in and here is a handy guide to using it http://www.solidblogger.com/utorrent-seed-download-time-schedule/
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pooleastra

Thanks a lot Adiewoo Cheesy  I kind of thought you could do something like that but as i said before really dont know much about Torrent.  This will save me some pennies:-)..
WildRose52
Grafter

user deleted
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Direct quote from issue 124 of PC Utilities magazine March 2010
A new survey from the Centre for Information Technology Policy (http://citp.princeton.edu/) in the US suggests that just 1% of material shared on torrent sites is legal. Out of the 1021 files included in the sample, only 10 didn't infringe copyright - these included two Linux distros and trial software. 10% of the files  were music

I looked up the link but could not find the article
gswindale
Grafter

I seem to recall, from the last time I used utorrent, that there was a scheduler built in so that it only downloaded/uploaded during the times you set for it.
WildRose52
Grafter

user deleted
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Direct quote from issue 124 of PC Utilities magazine March 2010
A new survey from the Centre for Information Technology Policy (http://citp.princeton.edu/) in the US suggests that just 1% of material shared on torrent sites is legal. Out of the 1021 files included in the sample, only 10 didn't infringe copyright - these included two Linux distros and trial software. 10% of the files  were music

What nobody has mentioned is the quantity of material available on torrent sites that is malicious i.e. a computer virus or similar.  Any survey that neglects to mention this really hasn't looked very hard.  I don't use torrent sites myself but I have to fix the computers of the teenagers who do, so I know that you have to be tremendously careful that what you download is actually what it purports to be and not a virus.  The sites accessed by a program called Limewire are very bad but I imagine it's true of torrent sites in general.  At the very least, it may be a false economy to download "free" music and films if every so often you have to pay someone like me £50 or £60 to fix your virus-infected computer.       
WildRose52
Grafter

user deleted