cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades

john50
Grafter

Upgrades

I had a visit from the doorknockers of Talk Talk trying to convince me to join them  last night.
They claimed that Talk Talk had just upgraded all the lines round here  Cheesy
Now all the old green boxes have got  recently installed bigger green boxes with vents in and what sounds like fans running in them close by, and they all have little stickers on saying something like yorkshire digital .
As I can't for the life of me imagine TT upgrading that type of stuff do I presume that they were just twisting the facts to gain customers and secondly does it mean I will soon be getting super dooper bb speeds
I presume the answer to question 1 is yes, and the answer to question 2  is on yer bike  Roll_eyes
3 REPLIES 3
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Upgrades

I'll have to tread carefully on this one...!
I have heard some examples where door-to-door salesman working on behalf of TalkTalk have been a little over enthusiastic with their sales 'patter' claiming, amongst other things, that TalkTalk own Plusnet.
The cabinets that you reference are likely to be part of Digital Region on whose network ask4, Lyndos, Ripwire and DRBSY run their services (note - not TalkTalk).
The only other upgraded cabinets are part of the FTTC service which AFAIK TalkTalk do not offer as this is a service on the BTW network, not LLU.
So when all facts are considered, I think that porky pies might have been told...
Lurker
Grafter

The big green boxes with fans are likely to be property of BT, and are for their FTTC service.
This link has images comparing the new FTTC to the older ones.
http://www.objectbase.co.uk/basingstoke/chineham/fttc/
john50
Grafter

Quote from: Ben

The cabinets that you reference are likely to be part of Digital Region on whose network ask4, Lyndos, Ripwire and DRBSY run their services

I'm sure its Digital Region the cabinets are exactly the same as on the site you've linked even down to the little sticker !
However when I googled  all the company's mentioned they only seem to be offering business broadband services as I'm in a mainly residential area it seems a little strange.
However if PlusNet wanted to run trials over this infrastructure  ;D..................................I know the master at BT......... he say no  Cry