cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to wireless

robertbeavan

Upgrade to wireless

Having joined Plusnet a number of months ago, I'm really happy with the service so far!  Wink
Having opted for the standard service, I got a standard router as part of the package. I'd now like to go wireless and want to know if PlusNet can sell me a wireless router, without upgrading my monthly tariff?Huh
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Upgrade to wireless

Hi Robert,
I'm afraid that we don't currently offer a Wireless Router on Option 1, which is mainly down to the costings involved with it being a £9.99 product.  This basically leaves us with a number of options.
- You could upgrade to Option 2 and pay us the cancellation cost of the modem (£29.99).
- You could pay us £29.99 for a one port wireless router.
- You could buy your own from a different source.
Feel free to shout up if there's any further queries that you have.
samuria
Grafter

You can get a wireless router from Ebay for £20 upwards and most shops do them now at a reasonable price. Just make sure you get one with a built in modem and adsl2 compatible. If you get it from Argos or similar you can always take it back.
Any will work with Plus Net
robertbeavan

thanks for getting back to me!
James,
Re option two - can you confirm which model of router you can offer for £29.99 (seems a good price) and also, can you confirm this means I can stay on option 1..?Huh
Thanks!
The_10th
Grafter

You could get a 4 port router for £35 you could do a lot worse than a Linksys from Amazon (free delivery). The advantage is that you aren't paying £60 extra for the year to get a router and don't need to worry about cancellation charges. You could go for the one port router (don't forget you would pay £6.99 delivery too) but the extra ethernet ports could come in very useful.  Cool