cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to 8.1 now requires password...

Mav
Fixes: 514

Update to 8.1 now requires password...

My daughter recently updated her W8 laptop to 8.1 and in doing so it seems her Hotmail account has been linked to the PC and her password is always required to be entered even from Sleep mode.
We went through the Power options making sure to turn off the requirement for a password to be entered yet still it does after returning from Sleep mode or reboot.
Any other ideas how to turn this off?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES 5
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Update to 8.1 now requires password...

Hi Mav,
Try this link - it may well help answer you query:

Kind regards,
Brian
Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
Mav
Fixes: 514

Thanks. Will look at that later then pass on to my daughter.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

shalom2010
Grafter

Mav - very easy with this link http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57457967-75/how-to-bypass-the-windows-8-log-in-screen/ ; (Used it several times) Oh, you can pin the Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to Start if you wish (I use Start8)
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: Mav
My daughter recently updated her W8 laptop to 8.1 and in doing so it seems her Hotmail account has been linked to the PC and her password is always required to be entered even from Sleep mode.

Windows 8 would like you to do things this way, let alone 8.1.  It does make sense because you also have instant access to your Skydrive folders (which become the default storage location in 8.1) so all your documents are automatically backed-up without you having to think about it.  So yes, you can undo this but maybe actually you shouldn't.
computing50yrs
Grafter

I suppress the password by the following
Click Start then type into the box netplwiz.exe
you are given a window remove the tick in the  box requires password Click OK in next window enter the password twice and its sorted