cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update for Removal of Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 based systems KB4577586

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Update for Removal of Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 based systems KB4577586

For some reason this update decided to start installing itself without warning in the middle of the afternoon last Thursday.  All I knew was that the processor was running like mad and the fan was coming on at full speed (it's mid-February!).  There was nothing in the update section to indicate something was being installed, or needed to be installed.  Only when I checked under Other Updates in Update History on Friday did I discover that this update had failed to install both days.  It also failed (twice) on Saturday before it eventually appeared in the pending updates section where it said it could not be installed since an update process was in the process of completing (or words to that effect).  I was given the option of trying again, which I did and the installation completed.  In the meantime I had taken the opportunity to uninstall Adobe Flash Player via the reminder that's appeared every time I've booted up the laptop on a Saturday and Sunday for about two months.  This may be the reason why the aforementioned update now completed, I don't know.

The problem is that the processor has remained busy since, usually only when the laptop is plugged in, and when I checked in Task Manager it showed 25-33% usage (with a red Very High 'warning') by Bullguard Sentry Service.  I contacted Bullguard who thought that usage was quite normal and demanded a screenshot.  If I tell them the figures and the warning, what else would a screenshot tell them?  I gave up and reinstalled Bullguard but the problem persists.  I also tried to do a full anti-virus scan, but it was still stuck on 6% after about an hour so I gave up.

There would seem to be some kind of conflict between the Windows Update and Bullguard but if neither will admit it, I need to know whether anyone else uses Bullguard and have had the same problem.  Or perhaps other anti-virus software has a similar problem.

4 REPLIES 4
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Update for Removal of Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 based systems KB457

@Jonpe 

Hi. I don't have Bullguard and just ran the update. It took about 1 second.

I use Avira free.

HTH

Dave

Jonpe
Hero

Re: Update for Removal of Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 based systems KB457

By run do you mean you installed it?  When it told me that it had failed to install due to another update process completing, I clicked on Try Again and it installed in a second or two.

Just woken my laptop up from Sleep Mode and looked at this forum; after nine minutes the fan has come on.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Yes. I just downloaded and double clicked it

Dave

Jonpe
Hero

It's an update like all other Windows updates it goes in the update history together with the Malicious software removale tool, (which is then run when the computer next restarts).

Where/what did you double click on?