cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Untidy Awards, Comms Rooms.

seanbranagh
Grafter

Untidy Awards, Comms Rooms.

Took the photo today while working in there. The room was also about 40 Celcius due to a faulty or switched off air conn unit.
Location: Musgrave park hospital, Belfast. Absolute Disgrace!
13 REPLIES 13
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Untidy Awards, Comms Rooms.

Looks like a job for a neuro-surgeon Roll_eyes
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
seanbranagh
Grafter

The was plenty of space on the left for a second cabinet to house the Cisco switches and also D rings down the side of the existing cabinet to tidy the patch leads.
Really no excuse for this to look like it does!
matt_2k34
Grafter

what ?!
i think it looks purdy Cheesy
Lurker
Grafter

Is that after it was tidied?
Mine is very tidy - I made the PFY re-do our network documentation too, since when I took the pics I was just provisioning the new room and there were boxes and cables in the background, now our config documentation is nice and tidy again, just like the real room.
Smiley
zubel
Community Veteran

/shiver
Our render farm is in 9 racks, all meticulously organised with colour coded patch leads, cable management, and zero-U PDU strips.
It's all fully documented too.
Yes.. yes.., so I suffer a little from OCD - ah well Smiley
B.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Quote from: Sean

Why did it not surprise me that it was a hospital!! I have had to work in some right horrors, but that is worst that I have seen, at least the equipment is normally in the cabinet.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

My cupboard under the stairs was not too far off that state a while back! Got so bad I had to freecycle some other machines upstairs just to stop myself expanding the network! It got a bit stupid having 7 machines down here and another 16 waiting to be put into service upstairs.
Unfortunately I've since disconnected all the others under the stairs as I have a hardware fault with my main server which I simply can't get to the bottom of. Until I can resolve that the others are all out of action as several of them live on top of the server. Although admittedly I could have a re-arrangement in there...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
James
Grafter

Dare I ask why you have 16 computers in your house?
LarGibbon

doesn't everybody ... ?
dick:quote
seanbranagh
Grafter

Well no, I personally keep it down to 5 computers due to the rising energy costs and lack of a wind turbine Wink
James
Grafter

Even we only have 7 computers and 13 consoles 😕
seanbranagh
Grafter

I actually have 6 computers, forgot about the Commodore 64, the greatest computer I have! How could I have forgotton, please forgive me! Grin
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Jameseh
Dare I ask why you have 16 computers in your house?

Did have. I gained tons of them from freecycle. One person in particular gave me over 20 old dell machines from an office clear out. Those were the ones sitting upstairs waiting to be plugged into the network. Eventually I got so hacked off with them taking up space and not being used (cos I ran out of enthusiasm) that I got rid of most of them. Got 5 more up there now and they're going to a new home soon. That leaves me with just 7 which I think is a bit nearer reality.
Quote from: LarGibbon
doesn't everybody ... ?
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]

Lol! I've been trying to convince my partner of that for ages!
Quote from: Sean
Well no, I personally keep it down to 5 computers due to the rising energy costs and lack of a wind turbine Wink

Funny you say that there was a turbine on my local freecycle recently. I did try to get it but someone else got to it first Sad
I think I can just about manage 7 machines now. only 2 are currently in service at the moment but I'm sure once I get to the bottom of my hardware fault on the server the leccy bill will see the difference...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!