cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure what to do next..

Wingzer0
Dabbler

Unsure what to do next..

The BT engineer has just been and said that the line is somewhat faulty outside and another eningeer will repair it within 48 hours. I am now left with a new master socket and the technicolor router which came through the post.
What do i do next because i thought i was supposed to be given some sort of other router to go with this one. Once the engineer fixes that cable in the street how would i connect.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Unsure what to do next..

Once the line is fixed the installer will or should provide the fibre modem and ensure that the fibre connection is working properly
Wingzer0
Dabbler

Ok il update you when he has been
Wingzer0
Dabbler

Current update: No one has shown up over 2 days. Still without phone&internet.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just checked the order notes for you, it looks like an appointment has been booked for the afternoon of June 6th to complete the installation. Not sure if this was arranged with yourself (I guess not) but I'll pop a ticket on your account with our provisioning team and see if we can get this brought forward for you at all - unless you're available on that date?
Wingzer0
Dabbler

No i wasnt told and if you can get it moved as soon as possible on any day and time that would be great. I am a bit worried someone will arrive and say the exact same thing ( the line needs repairing in the street ). And itll just keep going round in circles. Buy we'll see when he arrives i guess. Any help you can give to speed things up would be great.
Wingzer0
Dabbler

I got an email saying someone will come again on the 6 june and that the reason the other person couldnt set it up was because the line was not activated until 30 minutes after the engineer had left.
But the engineer that left actually did set up the new master socket so in theory if i plugged the phone in the socket then it should work right? But it doesnt..
The worry i had of going round in circles seeks to be coming true. I know its not your fault but probably just a bit of chinese whispers between all parties is the cause.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Wingzer0
Sorry to read about the issues you're having with this. I've taken a note of what needs to be done and I'll do my best to get this some attention today.
Adam
EDIT:
Just a quick update to show you that I'm good to my word. A member of our provisioning team is dealing with this for us right now, he's pushing back with our suppliers to make sure this is resolved as soon as humanly possible. I'll make sure we keep you posted with any updates.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wingzer0
Dabbler

The issue has been resolved now, the faulty line was repaired.
Thanks for your help.