cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking the potential of Sagemcom 2704N

Minxymoo
Grafter

Re: Unlocking the potential of Sagemcom 2704N

I have tried the http://192.168.1.254/dumpcfgdynamic.cmd but I get.
Sorry!
You're not allowed to access this content.
Matty123123
Grafter

Does it work with: http://192.168.1.254/dumpcfgdynamic.cmd?action=view
with the bit on the end?
Minxymoo
Grafter

This page is not supported 
Matty123123
Grafter

Oh nuts, they probably deleted or renamed the page.
You could try this program to decrypt the config, but I don't know if it works on the newer firmware:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4-Ln6UubyEeMmhRQVZHQmNoeTA
The password is password.  Also this is not a virus, but some crappy antivirus heuristics thinks it is.
Minxymoo
Grafter

Thanks
conorlawson1

Hi all,
Thanks for the time and effort that you guys put in to this forum.
I'm trying to set up a 2nd router to extend the wifi in my flat as I get pretty poor signal at the far end. I've read through this thread but haven't been able to get it to work.
To clarify, I have 2 Sagemcom 2704N routers. One is plugged in to phone line via an ADSL cable. I have this router connected to the 2nd router with an Ethernet cable, plugged in to port 1 on both routers. I have (as far as I can tell) changed the settings on the 2nd router to match the SSID, password and security type on the 1st router. Both are set to the 'auto' channel. My devices connect to the 2nd router automatically, but l cannot access the Internet when they are connected to this router. I've read about disabling the DHCP but I cannot work out how to do this.
Does anyone know how to sort this out? As you can probably tell, I'm not the most technical person - I have only got this far through help on forums - so a step by step walkthrough is probably necessary...!
Thanks for any help.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi conorlawson1, welcome to the forum.
This should be relatively straight forward -
Firstly, with the 2nd 2704n connected only to your PC and not the 1st 2704n you are going to need to change it's IP address and turn off DHCP.
Log into it using http://192.168.1.254/expert_user.html with the admin name and password.
Select >Advanced Setup >LAN
First select the 'Disable DHCP Server' radio button, then at the top, change the IP address, I'd suggest something well away from what will be allocated by the 1st 2704n, I've used 192.168.1.250  see the attached screen grab - ignore the static IP Lease List at the bottom of the grab, that's just part of my default setup when not using it in this mode.
OK now click Apply/Save at the bottom. The 2704n will now update and the page will start to refresh but won't complete as you now have to change the address in your browser url bar to http://192.168.1.250/expert_user.html
When you get back to that page it should look similar to the attached screen grab.
You should now be able to plug it into the first 2704n and all should work. The change of IP address means there is no conflict with the first and you can access either using 254 or 250 from any device connected.
Edit: removed 2nd grab - identical!
conorlawson1

Fantastic, all up and running now. Thank you, much appreciated.
Another quick thing - I've read that the download speed may be slower when connected to the secondary router, which I'm not too bothered about. However, I also read there may be higher security risks when connected to this router. This doesn't make sense to me; surely it's just as secure as the primary router as it's the same connection accessed from a different point, right? Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks again.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Can't see how it would be any less secure.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anotherone
Champion

Hi again, glad it worked. I was about to post that I can't see why it should be less secure either, but Bob beat me to it whilst Ive been doing some speed tests Wink   As long as you are using WPA2 security and have strong passwords/keys it should be no more of a problem.
I've had no issues with download speeds on the 2nd router either, neither ethernet or wireless (with a nice strong signal) well no more than I have download speed issues now and then anyway Crazy     No, it seems fine
conorlawson1

Great. Thanks very much guys.
superuser
Grafter

Is it possible to have more than 1 wireless access point configured?
Anotherone
Champion

Not on the 2704n with standard firmware AFAIK, do you mean like a Guest network? IIRC it maybe possible on Matty123123's modified firmware, but I'd have to re-read this thread and the main thread about the 2704n on this board to refresh my memory.
superuser
Grafter

That's what I mean yes
adie:quote
incheye

Hi just got fibre installed today via plusnet and I have the sagem router.  I just tried to forward ports on the router to my xbox one for xbox live.  The router doesnt seem to like it.  From what I am reading here its possible to update the firmware to enable extra items in the menu's? can anyone confirm if I will be able to successfully port forward to the xbox one with this customer fw? if its not possible I have another router (netgear DG834G) with the DGteam FW on it.  Could I use this router to do the port forwarding and use the sagem as a wireless point? this wireless seems to be really good compared to the DG843.  could anyone point me in the quickest and easiest way to get up and running.
cheers guys