cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalling Comodo Pro Firewall

Not applicable

Uninstalling Comodo Pro Firewall

Have uninstalled Comodo Pro Firewall but it is still showing in Vista Security Centre.
Here is what i have tried so far:
Uninstall using Windows
Uninstall using CCleaner
Uninstall using the Comodo Uninstaller
All of them leave the folder in the C/Programme Files which contains Safe Search - I have tried deleting this also.
I googled it and it appears that you need to manually remove the registry entries so I have done this to no avail - it still shows up in the security centre.
There is now just one entry in the registry which is System/Root/Legacy cmdguard/Comodo Pro Sandbox Driver. Have not removed this yet. Needless to say, I made sure that there was a recent restore point before doing any of this as I hate messing with the registry.
Have also done a clean up with CCleaner after the above-mentioned processes (including registry cleaner).
Can't think of what else to do except use a third party uninstaller (?Revo).
Any ideas very welcome.
8 REPLIES 8
paulby
Grafter

Re: Uninstalling Comodo Pro Firewall

I've had a lot of problems uninstalling Comodo from various machines.  Have a try with the solutions here and see how you get on.
Not to dishearten you, but on all but one of the machines I had to resort to either hacking the registry or a Windows rebuild to get rid of it. 
Not applicable

Paul - thank you for trying to help. I had looked at those partricular links before and they just said to remove it via the command interface but even then you would need to go into the registry to manually delete.
I have reinstalled it, exited the programme before uninstalling again and cleaned up the registry but still to no avail. It continues to show up in the security centre. The remaining sandbox entry cannot be deleted - Vista won't let me do it.
Wish that I had known this before - software companies have no right to issue stuff with such flaws, free or otherwise (just having a rant!).
Trebor
Grafter

I would download Revo Uninstaller, and use that for un installing, very effective and safe, I've used it a few times to uninstall Comodo firewalls.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/
Not applicable

Tried Revo as you suggested but with same result. I used the default setting of moderate removal - is this correct or should I have gone for another setting?
Trebor
Grafter

The method I use is.
Close the firewall.
Un install with Revo using Advanced mode.
When the un isntaller asks if you want to re start, click no.
Allow Revo to carry on  looking for left over files and delete them all.
Restart when revo has finished
Not applicable

Followed your instructions to the letter but no joy I am afraid. There is one entry in the registry - something about sandbox driver which can't be removed. Have checked out the Comodo forum too and was pointed to a very long removal procedure which is well in advance of what I am capable of.
I think that I am going to have to take it into my computer shop and pay to have it removed. An expensive 'free' programme!
Hopefully, this might serve to warn folk about this product.
Angry
PS Thank you very much for trying to help.
Not applicable

Just wanted to say thank you for help given. Have finally managed to get things back to where they were i.e. security centre not falsely reporting Comodo on when it had been uninstalled.
I downloaded the batch file removal tool from the Comodo forum and ran it with no success - it didn't fully clear the entries in the registry. Took the dogs out for a walk, came back and tried the batch file again but ran it as administrator and that did the trick.
Only trouble was, it switched the security centre off and when I switched it back on, it couldn't 'see' AVG so I had to uninstall and reinstall that!
Everything is back to normal and I am very relieved!
Perhaps this might make users think twice before installing the thing.
jazz
Grafter

Thank you for that warning Poppy!  I had been wondering whether to try Comodo (I currently use the free Kerio Firewall) but in the light of your experience I'll stay as I am!!