cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unchrome Google to stop spying

samuria
Grafter

Unchrome Google to stop spying

When you install Googles chrome it creates a unique ID that identifies your pc and as such all you activities with chrome can be monitored by Google and once other people understand how to get the code everyone will be at it. Get the FREE software to remove the ID but keep Google working ok.
Google will soon rule the earth as it will have so much information on everyone. Information =power
http://www.abelssoft.net/unchrome.php
7 REPLIES 7
mal0z
Grafter

Re: Unchrome Google to stop spying

Doesn't Chrome use the same engine as Firefox ? -
so what's the advantage of Chrome over FF ?.
Only of course Google have far more marketing clout to push it and push IE market share down ! ?Huh
Waldo
Grafter

Quote from: mal0z
Doesn't Chrome use the same engine as Firefox ? -

Chrome uses WebKit (also used by Safari and newer releases of Konqueror).
so what's the advantage of Chrome over FF ?.

Each tab in Chrome runs in its own 'sandbox' - if something in a web page causes a tab to crash it doesn't (or shouldn't) take the whole browser down.
Iron is a more 'privacy-aware' version of Chrome.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

So? I am using FIrefox, with google (not chrome) as my default browser..... is the "risk" lessened because I use Firefox?  or should I now go to IRON, and use google (not chrome)  Or does IRON act as a browser on its own?  Undecided
pierre_pierre
Grafter

now come on Shutter, just beacause you have a google banner as your home page, thought you would have changed that.  Google is not a browser its a search engine
mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: Waldo

Each tab in Chrome runs in its own 'sandbox' - if something in a web page causes a tab to crash it doesn't (or shouldn't) take the whole browser down.

Thanks,
I have to say I've rarely had FF crash on me - and when it has - on restarting it has opened up the tabs I had before the crash.
I'm not criticizing Chrome as such - it's good to see another browser taking share away from IE , but I haven't found a reason to move away from FF and Opera
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Actually Pierre, I prefer this search engine......
http://www.msdewey.com/

more like Oggle      than Google......  Shocked Shocked
different every time you  use it....... Grin
mal0z
Grafter

Swaying slightly off topic - but rather than use Googel for everything I often use
http://www.metacrawler.com/
it returns results from multiple search engines. Google isn't universally consistent ( shock horrer  🙂 - I find some other search engines are more focused.