cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to search on google and use any other google application!

fredahound

Unable to search on google and use any other google application!

AS IF BY MAGIC, 4HOURS AFTER POSTING THE BELOW MESSAGE.....GOOGLE RETURNS!!!!! THANKYOU FOR READING MY POST....Hi, this is a strange one I hope someone can help. Unfortunately plus net have given a stock answer of change your router!!!! 5 days ago Google search engine decided not to work, nothing happens. I tried Google maps and this does not work, nor does Gmail or Google play store. If I type in an exact  Web site address I can get to it. All none Google services work fine. Plus net got me to 'ping' Google and there was a 100% loss. I have tried other websites and they are 100% ok.  Google works perfectly when I tether to a phone so I tend to think it's the broadband service. Has anyone got any fix ideas? I have turned the router off and on, on several occasions but this has made no difference. Has anyone got any fix ideas? or shall I just keep waiting for plus net to reply? 
5 REPLIES 5
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Unable to search on google and use any other google application!

Either log on to your router and let is know your IP address, or use another search engine and ask what's my IP and et us know. Some of the ones starting with 51 have been known to cause issues.

fredahound

Hi, it starts with 209

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

@fredahound wrote:

If I type in an exact  Web site address I can get to it. 

Can you clarify this statement please.

fredahound

Sorry, to clarify, I can only get to any web site of I enter the address at the top of the page, and not in the Google search box.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @fredahound Welcome to the community forums.

@fredahound wrote:
AS IF BY MAGIC, 4HOURS AFTER POSTING THE BELOW MESSAGE.....GOOGLE RETURNS!!!!! THANKYOU FOR READING MY POST

As much as I'd like for the staff in the forums to be able to take credit for doing something to fix this, I think it is likely it just started working again coincidentally, judging from the time your post was made.

Regardless, I'm glad to hear that's working again now for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet