cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to forward ANY ports

iheartpie
Hooked

Unable to forward ANY ports

I'm having a nightmare with port forwarding. Does Plusnet restrict anything at their end? I'm running out of ideas.

I have completely turned off all firewalls (PC and router), and opened ports on both my machine and my router (I have tried both the technicolor router and a new TP-LINK one). MY PC uses a 'reserved' IP so the ports are being forwarded to the correct place.

I have checked several guides and from what I can tell everything is set up perfectly.

Whatever I try when checking the ports using any third party tools I am told they are closed. This all started due to sever connection issues with Overwatch, and running their http://us-looking-glass.battle.net/ tool always shows 100% packet loss, no matter what I try.

So how do I get these darned ports open? Any body else gone through this pain and know any tricks I may be missing?

7 REPLIES 7
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Unable to forward ANY ports

Don't know about now but plusnet did have a firewall at there end which was turned on by default to protect all customers.

If they still do this then you'll need to login to the member centre and turn it off.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
iheartpie
Hooked

I just checked and 'Broadband firewall' is off, as is 'SafeGuard'

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I thought it was off by default?

It can be found at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall

7up
Community Veteran

That may be the case now but previously it defaulted to on... causing problems for quite a few people when nit was suddenly introduced lol

iheartpie
Hooked

It was a good thing to check as I hadn't - but it does't appear that any user controllable firewall is ON, on the PC, the router or the ISP...

If there are NO firewalls then shouldn't all the ports be wide open anyway? What else can I try?

7up
Community Veteran

Wide open no - thats a security risk and as far as i know ports are only opened by servers that bind to those ports on the socket.

What router do you have? - someone here may have ideas how to solve this.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

What ports are you looking to open and specifically what router are you trying to use?