cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download Avast updates

FIXED
folenecho

Unable to download Avast updates

As the title says I'm unable to download the latest Avast update. If I try it through the software it says 'Invalid File Signature' and if I try through the Avast website the download says 'Failed - Network error'.

I've also noticed that some of my podcasts are refusing to download from my laptop, although I can through my iPad.

A while ago I had a similar issue that was solved by putting the DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for the TCP/IPv4, is there something else that I need to fix?

Thanks,
Ben

6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Unable to download Avast updates

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

folenecho

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm unable to even download the latest version of the Avast installer from their website as it has the 'Network error' issue I detailed in my first email.

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Some malware will change your DNS server to one of its own and use this to prevent you from accessing web sites that you might visit in an attempt to remove the malware.  

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Fix

Sounds like you have a virus/malware on your system, presuming they are microsoft, iPad (apple) not as prone. If you are able to get into avast do a boot time scan to see if that resolves your problem.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

My first action would be to try to download Malwarebytes and run that to see if there are any nasties lurking on your computer.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

folenecho

I finally managed to do a boot time scan and that seems to have fixed both issues. Thanks.