cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to the internet with WI FI

nightnurse

Unable to connect to the internet with WI FI

I have recently changed my broadband provider to Plusnet. After setting up the broadband I tried to connect to the internet using Wi Fi but just will not connect. Ethernet cable ok. Have tried turning router on and off, moving my router and turning off my personal firewall. Also installed updated version of internet explorer. I have an excellent signal quality so just can't understand why I can't connect.
2 REPLIES 2
Rich
Grafter

Re: Unable to connect to the internet with WI FI

Hi,
What OS are you using?
Richard.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Unable to connect to the internet with WI FI

Presumably it is the router that you cannot connect to using WiFi; if using an Ethernet connection works then the router must be connected to the Internet.  Are you using the Plusnet-supplied Technicolor router?  Are you sure you have used the correct SSID and pass key as per the label supplied with the router (the pass key is case-sensitive)?  Is there an error message when you try to establish the wireless connection?  Did you use WiFi with your previous ISP?  Do you recall any past difficulties that might have prompted a tech support call (I'm wondering if you were instructed to set a fixed IP address on the wireless adaptor)?