Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

USB

I have asked this question on ASUS and Cougar support , but just seam to be going around in circles Roll_eyes

I have a ASUS ROG hero VII board , USB connected Cougar 700M / 700K keyboard and mouse , every now and again one of the two stop responding so i have to unplug then replug to get it to work ??.

i have latest drivers , and USB selective suspend is OFF in power settings .

Any one have any idea,s ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: USB

if you buy a sports car you have to accept that it may need frequent trips to the garage to keep it in tune.  You have bought the computer equivalent of  a sports car in those expensive Cougar products and I fear that you may have to sacrifice reliability for performance.

Have you looked for firmware updates?  Supposedly there is a 32-bit Arm processor in the keyboard so perhaps you can update its firmware?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they stop responding while you are using them, or is there a chance that they have been idle too long and have gone into some power saving state and subsequently can't reestablish connectivity ?

My other thought is, to narrow down whether this is an OS driver issue, or a problem with the wireless devices, could you try booting the PC to it's BIOS screen, and then use the keyboard and mouse (which shouldn't need drivers) to navigate.  Then see whether you observe the same disconnection without any additional drivers running.  If that fails then your issue is with the hardware, if that works then the problem is either the OS drivers or a setting in the OS (such as power saving etc) causing a loss in connectivity.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

yes have all latest firmware Smiley

now come to think , Its never done it when in windows only when i play a game ?? BF4 mainly.
will have a look at power settings Thumbs_Up
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

BIT of a update ,, after getting run around by both support sites , i found in event viewer i keep getting this ?Huh

\Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\ ,,,  usb drivers i belive