Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB issues since yesterdays update for anyone else? edit: Cured I hope

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

USB issues since yesterdays update for anyone else? edit: Cured I hope

Not sure if it is my motherboards USB ports dying or the update yesterday, but my logitech G11and G15 keyboards keep powering off/on no matter which USB port I use.
Win7 64bit
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
9 REPLIES 9
CX
Grafter

Re: USB issues since yesterdays update for anyone else?

Have you tried disabling USB selective suspend? It doesn't work well on all systems and can result in screwy behaviour such as that.
It's in Power Options in the control panel, under the Advanced settings for your current power plan.
Gus
Aspiring Pro

That was my first port of call to check, I disabled it earlier and still get them.  Next is a rollback of the windows updates and see if it helps, if not either my motherboard is sick or PSU
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

It may be a driver corruption in some way. If the restore does not work, try removing the USB controllers, hosts etc via device manager, reboot and get Windows to find the hardware again. It will then reinstall the drivers which may fix your problem.
Gus
Aspiring Pro

So far so bad a rollback and USB drivers reinstalled and no change.  Looks like a sick motherboard or a PSU and I've no spare motherboards or PSU I can test with as this motherboard as it was a major upgrade from my old pc, going to be an expensive new year what ever it is as both are out of warranty by 2 years.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I had a USB port that developed a fault (shorting pins) and the PC rebooted continually with anything plugged into any USB port.
Checking voltages showed the 5v rail to be low as a result of the short which quickly dropped to zero as motherboard components died.
A new motherboard was required.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Solved it I think, looks like my main/newest MX518 mouse was in the process of dying, it just literally died in last 10mins with it constantly powering off every 3 - 4 seconds.   So tried my laptops mouse with my pc and all is fine.  A lot cheaper to replace than a motherboard or psu
edit: almost 5 hours later and no issues, so now to find a replacement mouse.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USB issues since yesterdays update for anyone else? edit: Cured I hope

You could make an offer on this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Logitech-USB-MX518-Gaming-1800dpi-Mouse-Sealed-New-RETAILBOX-1st-class-Rec...
Make an offer for say £24.99 and I suspect you could have a replacement mouse for less than £30 including P&P,
that would be a lot less than the £40.58 that Play.com are charging.
Wink
Gus
Aspiring Pro

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0015R8M7U/ £26.50 including free delivery and the bonus avoiding fleebay
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know how I missed that one  Embarrassed  looks a bargain price compared with everyone else !  Cool
HOWEVER several sites including ebuyer say for that model -
Sorry, this product is currently unavailable. It is likely that it has been discontinued and no longer for sale.

Which then lead me to this - Logitech's MX518 mouse gets successor: the G400