cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Preference

Kitchen

USB Preference

My Dell laptop will no longer find my local printer from the most convenient USB port. This problem developed after I had used the USB port in import photographs from my camera's card. I had done this many times previously without problem and switched back to using that port for my printer many times without any problems, then for no reason the laptop will not find the printer using that USB but will find it from the port on the other side of the laptop. It would be very inconvenient to move printer to other side of the office. The original USB port still accepts photographs from camera card etc. Why doesn't it find my printer anymore? Only changes to software over recent times has been switch to Google Chrome as unable to download Plusnet Assist using Windows Explorer 9 and installation of AVG 2012 security and AVG P/C Tune up software. Thanks.
I do not see an easy place to add a comment so I use 'modify' option.  Some might say it is ***'s law but having taking time to research this problem joined this chat option and posted the above I found a printer option for properties which led to a window with USB numbers 001 002 and 003 I ticked each in turn and as I did so my printer launched into action. So thanks for looking and problem appears solved even though I have no idea why it happened in the first place.