cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT HELP QV06 Virus

jennyBA
Grafter

URGENT HELP QV06 Virus

Any advice on how to remove the QV06 virus which has attacked my brothers laptop. He is using Norton Internet Security but it has let it through and is not detecting it on a scan or removing it.  Angry
He hasscannedd with Spy Hunter which has detected QV06 but he would have to buy to remove it, with noguaranteee that it would do the job.
Any advice or help on this appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: URGENT HELP QV06 Virus

Does this help - have a look at the various ways to remove it from the browser
http://virusremovalvideos.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/how-to-remove-qvo6-wwwqvo6com-from-your.html
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

try malwarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Manual Qvo6 Virus Removal
Delete from Internet Explorer
    Press Alt+X and go to Internet Options.
    Under General tab, change your home page address and click OK.
    Press Alt+X again and click Manage add-ons.
    Click Search providers on the left, choose a new default search engine and remove search.qv06.com from the list.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
    Click Firefox button and go to Options.
    Under General tab, change your home page address and click OK.
    Click search engine icon on the left corner of search box (top right corner).
    Select Manage search engines.
    Remove Qv06 search engine from the list and click OK.
Delete from Google Chrome
    Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
    Select Open a specific page or set of pages under On Start-up and click Set pages.
    Overwrite a home page address and click OK.
    Click Manage search engines under Search.
    Select a new default search engine and remove Qvo6 search engine from the list.
    Click Done and restart your browser.
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: jennyBA
Any advice on how to remove the QV06 virus which has attacked my brothers laptop. He is using Norton Internet Security but it has let it through and is not detecting it on a scan or removing it.  Angry

The reason being that it slips beneath the radar of much security software by being profoundly irritating but not a virus.  It just subverts your browser home page and search settings but how is the security software to know that you did not do that intentionally?  Some of the stronger virus removal software will likely flag it as 'Potentially Unwanted' and offer to remove it.  I have never heard of Spy Hunter and don't know whether it is genuine or fake but it is not necessary to use any paid-for removal software.  You'll probably need to do some manual work by following rongw's advice even if Malwarebytes (as recommended by Oldjim) finds and removes it.     
jennyBA
Grafter

Thanks for all your advice, we have tried malwarebytes and it does not find it to remove it, but i will pass on your recommendations about manually removing it from the browsers.
Thank you all for your help  Smiley