cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - BT Sport - Activation query

charliemoon

URGENT - BT Sport - Activation query

Hi all,
I added BT Sports (HD) to my Sky subscription via the Plusnet website yesterday, however, I was told it can take up to 48 hours for the change to be actioned - is this how long it's generally taken for everyone?
I've added ESPN and other 'bolt ons' to my Sky account previously, and it's been viewable within an hour or two, so not sure why this takes so long? I have friends and family round today to watch the Liverpool friendly, and then the Charity Shield, so I need to get BT Sport working this morning.
After waiting 25mins, I finally got to speak to a Plusnet advisor yesterday, but he just said I'd have to wait for an email from them that it was ready, but no luck yet. Any ideas how I can get it working ASAP?
9 REPLIES 9
AndyH
Grafter

Re: URGENT - BT Sport - Activation query

Unfortunately, I think it's unlikely you'll get it activated this weekend - I don't believe the activation team work at the weekend. The process should be automated, but it isn't.
charliemoon

Thanks AndyH, I'll be annoyed if the activation team aren't working today, as Plusnet are happy enough to take an order over the weekend - they should otherwise write on their website "Order by Wednesday to have a chance of BT Sport by the weekend"!!!
Appreciate the website says 48hours, but as you say, it should really be automated as I've now seen a few more posts with similar issues.
PLUSNET - you still have 2hrs to resolve and put a smile on the face of one of your customers.... Undecided
daverave

I also ordered yesterday, in hope that it would be activated in time for todays football.  However, even though I have an existing Sky viewing card, when I ordered it stated that I have to wait to receive a new viewing card in the post.  Later on, I noticed that I had re-insterted my viewing card incorrectly at the time of order - Could this be the reason to why BT think I need a new card?
AndyH
Grafter

I think basically orders are manually processed, which explains why the delay.
@ daverave - I doubt it. It's only an issue if you have an older viewing card or input the wrong viewing card number.
charliemoon

Hi Daverave, I had the same message on the website, but when I finally got to speak to the Plusnet advisor, he said the order had gone through fine - I then had an email saying it was being processed.
Given the manual process that appears to be in place, I'm not holding a lot of confidence we'll have the channels working anytime soon.
AndyH
Grafter

Plusnet really need to rephrase their website for BT Sport. Currently, it says:
If you already have a viewing card, we'll process your order for BT Sport within 48 hours but if you need a new card it'll take a week.

But if you place an order for BT Sport on Thursday/Friday, I do not think it will be activated over the weekend because the staff that handle this do not appear to work at weekends. Also, a lot of tickets are now taking 48hrs+ to be picked up - is a 48hr activation time realistic?
daverave

I ordered on Saturday am and have Sky viewing card.  Still no BT Sport. As long as it's ready for Saturday, when the Jacks smash the Mancs then I'll be happy  Grin
charliemoon

I've just checked ch413 on Sky and BT Sport is working - only a day late and nice of Plusnet to send the confirmation email to let me know  Wink
daverave

Still nothing for me  Angry