cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to access Start Menu Vista Problums

BenG
Grafter

Trying to access Start Menu Vista Problums

hi, I been pulling my hair out for the last 2 hours trying to do a very simple task, eg Open the start menu folder in
C:\ProgramData\Start Menu in vista.
In XP and evey other os this is simple click the folder boom it open, but in Vista all I get is
C:\ProgramData\Start Menu is not accessible. with a whole bunch of Secirity things that bascily make no sence what so ever to me.
I tryed setting full control but all I get is the message  "You do not have premission to do this" bascily I tryed a few things and keep getting the same message over and over agian. anyway now i am at my wiits end and need some help please.
so if anyone knows how to totaly remove the permissions I be happy all I want is to access the start menu folder, God I used computers and other windows versions since the first windows 1.0 and this vista is by far the wose one yet. why can't things be simple.
anyway thanks for any help you can give.
3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Trying to access Start Menu Vista Problums

Have a look in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
BenG
Grafter

ar ha, Thanks start
It odd tho cos that folder does not show up in the main drive, only way I seen it was to unhide all the files, tho when I click on the folder for start menu it just shows that message can;t access, but putting the path in you gave below into the run box opens it up.
I have to remmber that one, Thanks anyway,
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: BenG
ar ha, Thanks start

You're welcome BneG  Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine