Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trusted supplier

FIXED
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Trusted supplier

Looking to buy my first ink cartridge for my Canon printer - 545 PIXMA MG2450.

Prices vary from £25 each direct from Canon, £15 from Rymans.....or £11 inc pp on ebay for a 'genuine' one.

Cheers for ideas Thumbs_Up

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Trusted supplier

Fix
Minivanman
Legend

Probably right there Oldjim (although I was just after a couple of black ones) - just wondered if anyone new of a cheaper trusted supplier. As ever I never change them until they no longer print and not when the device tells me they are empty. 

Strange but not surprising that a pair direct from Canon costs more than the printer! 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Argos £10.99.  http://www.argos.co.uk/product/1714003

N.B. The first picture is of PG-525 but the second one is correct.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Hello,

We intended to deliver your order 026-0789429-4737906 on Monday, 14 November 2016.

We’re sorry to tell you that there may be a delay in delivering your order. Please allow an additional day or two for the parcel to arrive.

We pride ourselves on meeting our promises and apologise for letting you down this time. Our priority is to get your parcel to you as soon as possible.

To amend your order or view your tracking details at any time, please visit ‘Your Orders’ in Your Account or click https://www.amazon.co.uk/your-orders

We hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department

That was me trying to buy a toner cartridge from Amazon.
They were quite quick at refunding the money though.

So I bought an even cheaper toner cartridge from Ebay.
I haven't tried it yet, though.

I would always start off by buying the cheapest until I run into any problems.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Minivanman  I have used this company for some time.... I use Epson cartridges, and the replacements are just as good as the originals... got a super "bulk deal".. so don`t run out so quickly now...

http://www.prink.co.uk/canon-ink-cartridges.php

Minivanman
Legend

Indeed, but it seems that the way the printer 'talks' to those cheaper cartridges can really screw things up - which is why I was looking for a fair priced supplier of originals rather than a problem causing knock off..... as some are. 

Herman Melville
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

For my Canon Pixma MP610 (five cartridge: CMYK dyes + pigment black) I've been using nothing but generic cartridges from Internet Ink for the past 5 or 6 years and given the high amount of printing we do in this house that's quite a few cartridges. Never had any issues whatsoever and must have saved hundreds.

However, I've just looked up your printer there and the prices don't seem good at all for compatible cartridges for that model, averaging out at around 3p per page compared with 0.3p for mine! You may as well stick with genuine cartridges at that price.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Messages released from Spam Folder then duplicates removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Thanks for that Mav. I was wondering why it said the posts were successful and yet weren't appearing in the thread!