Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trojan Win32@mx

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Trojan Win32@mx

Its not plugged into a USB 1 port is it ?
You will only get 54M if its connected to a USB 2.0 port.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Surely both your PC and your router have wired capability?
i.e. Ethernet connections?
You just need a few feet of wire for a vastly superior performance to 11Mbit wireless.
(That 11Mbit is marketing-speak - true speed will be less than half that.)

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

penneck
Aspiring Pro

My son is between flats, shall we say, and is temporarily living with us. It is his pc that only has a 11M link to my router. His pc used to be my pc, and when it was my pc, it was connected to my router via a wireless link working at 54M.
I want to get the wireless link going again at 54M, rather than just hard-wire the pc to my router, because in two or three weeks he moves out to his new flat, taking his pc with him. There he will need to use a wireless link hence the need to discover the answer to this problem.
Sorry if that sounds a bit abrupt, but I want you to understand why I need to go the way I am trying to go. I'm sure there's a way.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Have you tried removing the wireless device from windows using the device manager and then on reinstall tell it to use the latest drivers which should be downloaded in advance
penneck
Aspiring Pro

I hadn't but I have now. Unfortunately it made no difference, so I uninstalled the Belkin s/w and borrowed my Netgear USB device from my other remote pc. I loaded that s/w too, but even with the Netgear device, the link speed is 11M.
Thinking about it, I seem to remember that when the pc was my remote pc (and using the Netgear device) so worked at 54M, the pc had Win 98SE with USB s/w loaded. The pc O/S only went to XP Pro after my son took it.
Could that be the answer, the USB s/w?