Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring photographs to a forum website

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Transferring photographs to a forum website

I want to copy some photographs to a forum website rather than post a link to some website that has the photos.

Users of the website had no problem with transferring photos but had problems once Google+ ceased to work.

They got around this using facebook and similar types of programs but this is not something I want to do.

There are a number of linux apps that can do a whole range of things with photos but can any of them do what I am wanting to do ?

The size of the photos has already been reduced for the web so that is not a issue.

Advice please.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
4 REPLIES 4
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Transferring photographs to a forum website

On my forum I used to use photobucket. But it's been a few years since I have uploaded to my forum
Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume @gleneagles you have access to the site to upload pages using FTP, so why not use that?

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Not sure how I would get the sites address as all I have is the www. title, enter my password and access one of the many sections of the forum, the photos would of course need to go into the section I was accessing.

I was looking for something like drag and drop so I can be certain the photos have gone to where I want them.

Thanks

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gleneagles, it may be as simple as using ftp:// instead of http:// and if you can use FTP then any GUI based FTP client will allow you to navigate to the directory on the server where you want (need) to put your pictures. You should then be able to drag and drop your pictures on the the FTP Client and so to the new location or just copy them directly using the FTP Client built in support i.e. source and target windows.