cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering Piccys From Mobile To Ubuntu?

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Transfering Piccys From Mobile To Ubuntu?

As the title says really,want to transfer some piccys from my mobile phone to my ubuntu desktop.Is it easy to do this?And if i got a bluetooth adaptor would it work alright on my ubuntu?I see i have a bluetooth programme so would i just need the adaptor to get going? Thanks in advance.
And please no hijackers on this thread!!(teasing) Wink
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
8 REPLIES 8
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Transfering Piccys From Mobile To Ubuntu?

Hi Jack!  Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

It should work via bluetooth, depends on your adapter/phone. Plugin the adapter and you should see a bluetooth icon appear in the panel. Right click and choose setup new device follow the wizard and setup your phone to join. Then you should be able to browse to the phone by Right click and "browse files on device"
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thanks i dont have a bluetooth adaptor yet to try it,just wondering if its possible that i can do it any other way?
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Cable if it is usb based, or copy to a memory card in the phone...
Not applicable

I gave up on bluetooth a while ago - I find it a pain to synch. Now I have a little memory card in the telephone and save my pics to that.
The memory card goes in my little USB card reader and Ubuntu picks it up immediately so I just have to transfer them over via send to... or drag and drop. Can't remember how much the card reader was - probably over the odds as I got it from CWP (might have been about a tenner). Anyway, well worth it because it's a doddle.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I get phone pics on to my linux box by cheating - I have an unlimited data contract on my phone so I just email them ;).
pierre_pierre
Grafter

my netbook linux had a SD card slot, my phone has micro sd, move the pics to that take card out put into adapter then into slot, job virtually done, no problem , the cards also came with a USB/micro sd adapter
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@poppy i might give the usb card reader a go,should pick won up cheap enough somewhere,was thinking of geting one of them a while back.
Thanks again everyone for your advice,its much appreciated Smiley