Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Tech.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Touch Tech.

Like many of us ever since Star Trek and the like introduced the concept of touch technology i was in love with the idea.

So over the years i've slowly accumulated a few touch tech devices - i'm was years behind everyone else due to health / employment glitches but i'm about even now!.

So I have the phone which with a 5 or 5.5" screen is a good size.. but i still find it fiddly to use. Then i have a small wireless keyboard.. great but the buttons and trackpad are a tad small (and some keys are in silly places compared to a full size version). Then I have a normal size wireless.. similar thing with the layout but the track pad is usable. I don't use it much though as i simply don't like RF radiation being too close or near my boy. So recently i got a usb wired keyboard with trackpad built in. Just the ticket.. but guess what? The same layout problem (backspace, home, end and del buttons are impossible t get right without looking) and the trackpad is yet again still not quite right - i have to take several swipes to get across the screen! I've still got my mouse next to it.. and guess what? Despite being a lover of touch tech.. the trusty mouse is so much easier to actually use - I don't think i'll be getting rid of it any time soon!

I've heard of people programming on their phones and tablets with silly sized little keyboards and all that impractical stuff I wonder how people do it.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
3 REPLIES 3
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Touch Tech.

Ive always been intrested in new tech stuff but im slowly warming to the idea that all new tech is bad for our health ...... i think we be better off going back to the stone ages Wink

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@7up wrote:

I've heard of people programming on their phones and tablets with silly sized little keyboards and all that impractical stuff I wonder how people do it.

Yes indeedy... the mouse is king for me too! .. as for those geeks who do programming on the midget stuff... they probably use a "dobber"... instead of fat fingers  ! ! 

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Well a couple of weeks later and I'm still struggling to use the trackpad as a replacement for a good old fashioned mouse. The mouse is right next to the keyboard and out of pure ease_of_use I keep going back to it.

Still, at least the new keyboard has quieter keys.. Grin

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!