Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many Email Accounts in Outlook

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Too many Email Accounts in Outlook

hi, first of all I hope I've got this question in the right place, I run Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 and installed it along with my operating System a few days before being activated with Plusnet just over a week ago, I do it every 6 to 8 months to get rid of all the excess, when i click on send and receive within Outlook I get a doubling up of my Email accounts.
I have 5 set up which all work perfectly by the way and only 5 show in the Account area where you set up your email accounts, but when I click on send and receive as I say it lists 20 operations. 10 send 10 receive and the email addresses are doubled up eg..  ------ @----.plus.com  send listed twice and listed as receive twice,  and so on ,has anyone got office who could point me in the right direction please, I've looked on the Microsoft Help pages but cannot find a thing.
regards
jono 
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Too many Email Accounts in Outlook

If it's like Outlook 2003 a possibility:
In Options, Mail Setup, Send/Recieve you can set up Groups. In each group you can add as many accounts as you want and an account can be in multiple groups. For each group there is an option as to whether it is included in a general Send/Receive (F9). I've just tried creating a new group with an account in multiple groups and saw exactly what you describe.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jono
Aspiring Pro

thanks for that I'll take a look and see if I can do something with it.
regards
jono
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi Jelv, Just thought I'd let you know, I found the item you were directing me to and created another account group which only sends and receives once for all accounts then the main one i was having problems with I just deselected that one, up to know all is well again.
thanks for the help and kind regards
jono