Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tomorrow is Firefox 3 day

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Tomorrow is Firefox 3 day

Since the Americans are so bumptious as to assume that everyone is on their time zone, I shall wait until 6.01 pm on 18th June before I do my download.
Hasn't anyone ever heard of UTC?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Not applicable

Couldn't find FF3 on the Mozilla site this morning so the link above is useful. However, does this mean that my download from Filehippo early this morning doesn't count?
Meanwhile, have had a root round and found that it can be set not to accept block third party cookies so am pleased about that.
Bookmarks are slightly differently organised but no problem really.
VileReynard
Hero

You probably have FF3-RC1
The final version won't be released for at least a few hours (you need to be on California, USA time for some reason).

Not applicable

Thank you very much for that - have checked, and of course you are exactly right. Will have to redo later today as you suggest. Meanwhile, have bookmarked the link.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I am using an Eeepc 4g with linux and Firefox pre installed, do you know if Firefox 3 would self install on that?  - only had the machine a couple of days and away from base happily using the Pubs WiFi, plus thunderbird  Imap, gorgeous
VileReynard
Hero

If that is an Ubuntu distro - and probably true for many others, you will be notified if an update is available.
If so you can (and should) elect to have it downloaded and installed.
Don't try to download it from the website - let your Linux package manager handle it for you.
All updates will then come from authenticated sources - and include any dependent packages that may be required.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

no definitely not Ubunto
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Well there's a surprise - no response from http://www.spreadfirefox.com/ - looks like it's overloaded!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chillypenguin
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
I am using an Eeepc 4g with linux and Firefox pre installed, do you know if Firefox 3 would self install on that?  - only had the machine a couple of days and away from base happily using the Pubs WiFi, plus thunderbird  Imap, gorgeous

Personally I will be sticking with FF2 on my eee, Asus may add it to their updates, but would not hold your breath. Plus because of the way the file system works on the eee, if you upgrade, you will not recover the space used by FF2. And with only 4G to play with, that is space I will keep for other things.
Chilly
VileReynard
Hero

Does that mean that the eee cannot reuse space used by programs?

Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Well there's a surprise - no response from http://www.spreadfirefox.com/ - looks like it's overloaded!

What is not a surprise, of course, is how well the viral marketing is working. Nice one Mozilla
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Download site all seem to be busy but I did manage to download from Filehippo, but have I downloaded the right version?  It shows as V3.0 in 'help' and the download icon on the desktop shows 'Firefox Setup 3 RC3.exe'.  Is this the correct version or an earlier beta?
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Hey guys n girls Smiley
I'm not sure if this link is for the official record setting, but: http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.0&os=win&lang=en-GB
Downloads from Mozilla servers, and it's pretty quick too (I just took the 2.0.0.14 download link and changed it to suit). I can't remember looking at the RCs about screens - did they have RC tags or just simply "version 3.0"?
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
I am not touching it until I see the reports from the brave guinea pigs

I am with you Oldjim. Roll_eyes
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

I've been running the various Release Candidates since their release - not a single hitch. Running Fx3 now and it's nice and smooth - woop!
cp:quote