Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tom Tom Live Traffic

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Tom Tom Live Traffic

I use Tom Tom live traffic site, quite a lot... however, recently.... the past week or so, when I open up the site... it gives me Los Angeles as the opening map.... and I have to put in Portsmouth, UK to get the "local" area ....
I have set my home location but that doesn`t make any difference.... next time it comes up with LA again....
Is there any way that I can make (at worst, the UK) my location as default opening?  I can`t find it if there is.... perhaps you know ?  Huh
4 REPLIES 4
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Tom Tom Live Traffic

Just checked on mine and it's the same. When I was a Sky customer it was always geo- specific. My IP address is registered to Infonet, not sure if that is a part of the issue?
Mark
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Could well be down to this http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130918.112/topicseen.html . Tom Tom traffic may be using out of date Geo location. You could try disconnecting/reconnecting the ppp session to see if you get a different IP and that solves the problem.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

What browser are you using? I am using Chrome have made some adjustments, so the TomTom page loads correctly for me. If using Chrome, go to Settings/  Advanced Settings/ Privacy/ content settings/ Location. I went into the exceptions tab and removed all the sites listed then went to TT again. I was asked if the browser could track my location and I was back in my own neighbourhood.
Mark
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Using Firefox V 35.0