Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today, we shall say this only twice

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Today, we shall say this only twice

TBH I am not sure where to put this, as the young man
Listening on internet radio this morning to the Today programme, something I have never experienced before happened. I have had times where the sound has momentarily dropped out.
This time, however it was different. After the drop, on recovery the last few words that preceded the break were repeated. So we got, daft example, "Mary had a little goat"......gap....."Mary had a little goat".
Any ideas, please?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Today, we shall say this only twice

That sounds either like a problem with the radio (in that case the good old on/off trick should do it) or latency.
I take it your connection has been performing OK for browsing, streaming etc?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Luzern
Hero

Connection seems OK 7940 kbps conn @48dB att: speed test 6.6 Mbps down,.75 up, ping 40ms
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

That seems like the content of the buffer being replayed from the beginning when the connection was restored. I'd regard that as normal.
David
Luzern
Hero

The fault of the router, then? I has got a lot more prevalent recently, and the router is on my desk in one room with the radio in the next room with only a Stramit board partition wall between.
Aside: it does not happen with wife's IPod, but that seems to be behind the radio.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The buffer is in the radio so the replay behaviour would be down to that. However the reason for buffering is connection related. Either problems with WiFi to and from the router or end-to-end with the broadcast.
David