cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali is offering free line rental - should I go?

Ianwild
Grafter

Re: Tiscali is offering free line rental - should I go?

Quote from: thehatman
I know Tiscali haven't got a very good reputation. But it is still an amazing offer. 
Is there any way in the furture PN might put the phone line rental component in with the 19.99 broadband?
It does make £40 look very expensive now.  Sad

At the moment a very large proportion of what you pay us is passed onto BT Wholesale. Our wholesale cost for the Broadband and line rental alone is nearly £20 before you add any usage costs (Which are also expensive) or our own operating costs.
Our view has always been that once BT roll out 21CN (Which is probably a year away before there is any traction, but which will happen on LLU exchanges first for obvious reasons), it's likely we will see a lowering of Broadband and Phone line rental charges. The chances are that costs will come down to compete very strongly with the pricing the LLU unbundlers can achieve now.
It's not for me to say anything about a rival provider, but given the market I would personally advise everyone not to enter into long term contracts for short term cost savings. every year this market looks completely different...
Ian