Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali Free Home Phone

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Tiscali Free Home Phone

I saw Tiscali's advert on TV earlier talking about their free home phone and broadband.
I called them and asked for just the free home phone service as I already had a perfectly adequate broadband.
I was surprised to be told that the home phone service was not available alone but bundled with 'up to 8mb' broadband for £19.99 + £30 setup fee and a somewhat vague and probably unsustainable fair usage policy.
Maybe I'll stick where I am for now.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
7 REPLIES 7
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Tiscali Free Home Phone

I'm very much a member of the " if it's too good to be true then it probably isn't" club.
Wasn't broadband simple back in March 2002 when there was  512k and one could do a fairly straight comparison between providers.
Nowadays it's added this and added that and one wonders where the catch is as one knows there has to be one.
I'm so glad I only spend about a pound a month on phone calls so none of the offers is of interest.
I've already expressed my opinion of Tiscali by getting, and using, mac the day they were confirmed as the buyer of Pipex's broadband and voice services - and it was Friday 13th  Wink
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

We had quite a laugh a few weeks ago when a cold caller called on my son to sell him one of these "Free packages". He started of by saying he was going to guarantee the package he was going to offer would save him money. For best part of half an hour we listened to his banter. The "Free Package" was in fact going to cost £25.00 a month.
Then my son dropped the bomb shell - He was on a BT Staff acount which he paid no line rental and his phone call were free upto £33. He had two broadband connections which were also completely free.
The look on the callers face was a picture - We didn't quite get what he was mumbling as he walked down the garden path but I think he said we must be "Bankers" which is a bit odd as we had said my son worked for BT. Grin Grin
thehatman
Grafter

"I'm so glad I only spend about a pound a month on phone calls so none of the offers is of interest."
Yeah, but the removal of the ten pound a month line rental would make a difference wouldn't it.  This is making me think about Tiscali.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Quote from: Ram
...and a somewhat vague and probably unsustainable fair usage policy.

Had a look at their FUP (just for interest, I have no wish to move from PN Smiley ) and I cannot see any actual figures. So, who knows, Fair Usage could be anything from 1GB upwards. Not exactly helpful.
Just my pennies!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

James
Grafter

Quote from: thehatman

Yeah, but the removal of the ten pound a month line rental would make a difference wouldn't it.  This is making me think about Tiscali.

I'd consider this link before considering moving to Tiscali.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Much better link is this one
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

As a final comment from the originator...
It was a very much tongue-in-cheek post as I have stuck with f9 through thick and thin for quite a few years and have generally found them to meet my requirements.
Having heard lots of negative stuff about Tiscali I wouldn't consider them as an alternative.
Dick
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine