Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket System, problem with adding "further comments"

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Ticket System, problem with adding "further comments"

Old Jim said this in a response to bitz1 on the thread...."No answers to tickets 28 October 2010"

Reply #1 on 04/11/2010, 21:39 »
Unless it has been fixed - and I don't think it has - adding a response to the ticket drops it to the back of the queue

When I queried if it were still true, (via pm) , he suggested I read the thread that contains this response.... (dated 22 July 2010 )

« Reply #11 on 22/07/2010, 14:19 »

Our tickets system is intended to only push the ticket to the back of the queue if a member of staff updates it. However, we have noticed that all updates are doing this. We've attempted to fix it a couple of times but this has had unintended consequences. This will be addressed as part of a project further down the line.

I wonder if the situation has been resolved.?
  or indeed is still the same..... where a customer adds an initial response, and before the "staff" have responded, think they should (or need to ) add further information, they (the customer ) thinks will help , they decide to add another "update"... which pushes their (personally important) query/fault to the back of the queue, again....
thus delaying even further the response from the "staff"...
3 REPLIES 3
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Ticket System, problem with adding "further comments"

is it still doing this, a lot of people seem to have this problem in the last week, and it is 4 month old
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Strange how this has been ignored, by PlusNet staff....... Undecided
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Hi folks.
As I understand it, there are certain tickets in certain pools that are subject to this problem. The issue has been visited many times over, and whilst from the outside it might seem like a trivial thing to fix, unfortunately it isn't.
It will almost certainly be addressed when we get round to optimising/overhauling the ticket system, but that piece of work isn't on our immediate roadmap. In the interim, we have numerous ticket reports that help identify tickets that have been commented on multiple times by customers, or not been touched by an agent for an unusual amount of time.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵