Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird problem

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Thunderbird problem

From a previous post, you will know that I have been setting up a Hdd by re-installing windows to my "old" hdd.... my "new" hdd has been in service for a couple of months, with everything working as it should....
Now I have (almost) completed the re-install of windows and all my fave progs back onto the "old" hdd... I have re-inserted the "new" hdd into the laptop, and a weird problem has come up with Thunderbird, AND the icons on the desktop...
1.. The icons on the desktop are "dimmed down"... (not greyed out... just dim )... they still work....
2... When I click on the Thunderbird Icon,... i have to wait a while for the little circle to do its stuff, then I get the following message.....

Thunderbird is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Thunderbird process, or restart your system.

This appeared on the first time I tried to access Tb..... so I restarted my system,... tried again, and got the same result.... downloaded the latest Tb... and tried again... still get the same message....
anyone got any ideas?  are the two problems related.....
Oh and just got another one... have Absolute uninstaller working.... tried to close it by clicking on the X and also the CLOSE by right click on it.... get the following message

Cannot create file
"C:\Users\Gerry\AppData\Roming\GlarySoft\Absolute Uninstaller\Last.txt" Access is denied

OK

( no its not OK.... cos I cant close it down.....
2 REPLIES 2
hadden
Grafter

Re: Thunderbird problem

2. Thunderbird
Apologies if your other the read described how you copied your Thunderbird profile over from one hdd to the present one, but it may be that you copied it over while Thunderbird was open.
In that case there may be an active "lock " file in the Thunderbird profile folder.
When Thunderbird starts up and sees that "lock" file it may think another instance of Thunderbird is already using that profile and so give you the message that you see.
Here are the Mozilla instructions about diagnosing this kind of situation,.
I wouldn't think this will be related to the other issues.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Thunderbird problem

no....Nothing was copied over.....  the "new" hdd ( with the Tb problem) was removed  from the laptop... prior to that it was working fine.... then after the re-install work, on the "old" hdd.... the "new" was replaced in the laptop... so there were no additions while it was removed...