cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird config problem...........

jalw

Thunderbird config problem...........

Must have config'd Thunderbird enough times to consider it fairly easy to do......using the Ubuntu linux OS. Have moved from Orange and I thought it should not be a problem to create another Account.......without deleting the 'old' Orange account.....and calling the new one  PLUSMAIL.  B/band is working ok and the given config info for email more than triple checked......but the result ends with the same message that login has failed.  Can't see what I may be not doing right, but I was wondering if anyone would know for cert whether the accounts may be in conflict because the Orange one is still active.  Any help or advice would be most welcome.   Sad
Wills.
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): post moved to a more apt forum - the 'Community Site and Support Library' forum is specifically for issues pertaining to this website.]
4 REPLIES 4
Simon_M
Grafter

Re: Thunderbird config problem...........

All I can tell you is that the accounts will not be in conflict. You can set Thunderbird up to login to a multitude of different POP3 accounts without any problem.
Are you trying to log into your main Plusnet email account, or into a mailbox that you have created?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Can you login to the account using Webmail? That will verify whether or not you're using the correct login details.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jalw

Simon M
Thanks Simon , that is as I thought it should be....ie, multiple accounts.
Bob Pullen
Thanks Bob.  I have briefly looked at the Squirrel Webmail.......is that correct name for the Webmailer?  In effect, would that involve me creating a mail and sending it to myself at the new PLUSMAIL account that I've been trying to effect?
Thanks for your responses. I'll try a crack at the Web mail now.......though must admit my pessimism at the moment!  Smiley
jalw

Bob Pullen ...........Hi,  Tried the web mail. Sent it to the 'old' account with Orange which worked ok. Not sure how I should address it if sending to the new account which I named as PLUSMAIL (Box). As I've changed the parameters for my Router (BELKIN) from the Orange to Plus.com and that is working fine, I just can't get my head around this duality thing.
I need to keep the old for some of my mail info, therefore don't want to delete it.  However, I think I will delete the newer account and start again.  Next time I will use the site's email guide and see if that will enable things.  Will get back whatever the result!!  Smiley  Cheers,  Wills.