Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird address book

FIXED
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Thunderbird address book

Curiously, in "Write" (a new email) my Thunderbird the address book listings have of their own volition turned themselves upside down with the A's at the bottom and the X,Y,Z's at the top.

If I press the the "Address Books" button the listings in there are correct order (A's at the top) so this anomaly only affects the "Write" option.

However: a) I don't know how this happened, and b) I can't see any way to change it back. There being no simple option to view ascending or descending. Its annoying more than anything else, all of my group lists that are usually at the top and have now to be scrolled to the bottom to find them.

Any one any ideas how to reset the listings?

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
2 REPLIES 2
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Thunderbird address book

Fix

in the header, where it says "Name"   you will see a small triangle  pointing upwards or down wards... just click inside the header and it will change the  a-z or z-a format

Simples ! !

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Thunderbird address book

Ah!! thank you

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.