Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird Address panel removal?

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Thunderbird Address panel removal?

Is there any way of removing the address panel on Thunderbird when it displays emails?  It takes up 50% of the screen area, and is of no interest to me whatsoever..... ?

( except IF I got a dodgy email and wanted to sort it - instead of deleting it..)
3 REPLIES 3
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Thunderbird Address panel removal?

It depending on which part you mean (it not entirely clear from your description).
If you mean the header section  (with From, Subject, To,  and the reply, forward buttons, etc.), then no,  however,  if it has the full header information, you can reduce it by selecting  (from the menu)
  View -> Headers -> Normal
If it's not that bit,  a screen shot may be useful  (with suitable redaction)
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

You got it right with the first part !... seems such a waste of space. Thanks for reply.  Wink
The "View > Headers > normal " bit has reduced the size,... so a bit of an improvement !
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

I only use thunderbird for newsgroups, but have the "CompactHeader" add-on which reduces the header display to one line (there are various other options). It is the only entry if you use "get add-ons" to search.
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.