cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson TG585 v7 I want to reconfiger.!!

paulo
Grafter

Thomson TG585 v7 I want to reconfiger.!!

I have a Thomson TG585 v7 that has been used on Tiscali (aaaahhh sorry guys) and I want to use it on Plusnet (hooray) but the configuration is all Tiscali based so I cant seem to get into it to set it up as you would a nornal router.
Is there a way I can get rid of this Tiscali rubbish and use it on Plusnet.  Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Paul
I can resist everything except temptation.
43 REPLIES 43
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Thomson TG585 v7 I want to reconfiger.!!

You could try a hard reset as a first option. http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/technical/3607068-thomson-tg585-firmware-issue-tiscali.html
If that doesn't work you could try reflashing the firmware
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You can get the firmware update utility and a fairly vanilla firmware from the following:
http://bobpullen.net/585v7_setup.zip (This is the flashing utility)
http://bobpullen.net/Firmware%207447v3.zip (This is the firmware)
Download and unzip them both (you may find it easier to unzip the flashing utility first and then unzip the firmware .bin file into the flashing utility folder) and then run the upgradeST.exe utility. Things should be pretty self explanatory from there, post back if there's anything further we can do.
paulo
Grafter

Have opened flash setup wizard and once connected to router I see 2 files tg585v7_branded.bin and tg585v7_genetic.bin (presumably on router)
How do I introduce the firmware file (plusnet branded TG585v7 R7447 Demo)  that I downloaded from your link, to the router flash wizard?Huh
mal0z
Grafter

With the flash tool - You need to navigate to the folder you have downloaded the file to - or to put that file in the same folder as the other firmware files.
paulo
Grafter

Got there in the end, not quite sure how!!
Many thanks to all who helped.  Long live Plusnet!
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

Have the same problem with a TG585v7 from Tiscali, they've locked it so tight that even the software on the supplied CD refuses to see the router, as does the flashing utility described earlier.!!
Sad
Sad
Sad
paulo
Grafter

Keep trying Dawnrider, follow the instructions in this thread and it can be sorted.  My router id now totally free of Tiscali thank goodness.
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

Now got the flashing utility to see the router (the supplied software still won't) but still keep getting asked for username and password.
Tried my old Tiscali username and password, tried admin / admin and all variations of this to no avail.
Anyone any ideas?
Sad  Sad  Sad  Shocked
paulo
Grafter

You say you have got the flashing utility to see the router but you dont  say if you have flashed the route chip with its new Thomson software from the link shown previously is this thread. http://bobpullen.net/Firmware%207447v3.zip
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

The flashing utility sees that I have a router , and asks for username and password before It gives me the option of flashing the chip!
Crazy
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

Now managed to flash the firmware, and reconfigure the router.  However still have the broadband LED flashing and when when I run check connection in the Gateway page I am informed that my DSL line is not synchronised?
James
Grafter

Sounds like OpenReach botched the jumpering work Sad
I'll get a fault raised - Can you confirm that you're using the master socket and have tried both the filter that we sent you along with the router (assume it arrived now?)?
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

Jameseh,
I am using the master socket, but the router hasn't arrived yet.  However I have unlocked the Tiscali (sorry for the language!) 585v7 and reconfigured it to use with plusnet as per the instructions in the help files.
I haven't changed any wiring since I had a reliable (if v slow) connection. 
However at the back of my mind lurks the fact that I had a connection until I spoke with Rachel at Tiscali (Milton Keynes so  suppose she's tech oriented not just call centre) and then my connection went dead and when I tried to log on to Tiscali web sites I was told my account / broadband had been disabled. 
Don't know what / if they did anything but it's a bit of a co-incidence. 
I have raised a ticket with all the above, also stating that I will try the new router when it finally arrives, and asked that you be kept in the loop.
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

OOps, forgot to add, I can get a connection using dial up so I think my connection to the exchange is sound.