cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson 585V7 Connection but no Internet

prezzacc
Hooked

Thomson 585V7 Connection but no Internet

Hi all Apologies if this has been answered or is in the wrong area.
I have recently made the move to Vista 80% of the time i connect fine but sometimes when i turn my router on at the mains (while computer is already on) it automatically connects fine but sometimes reads  Access Local Only  then i seem to have keep closing IE and opening again Untill it kicks in. Sometimes is does display Acess Local And Internet but still no internet activity will work till restart or off and on.
Is this a problem or just a Vista issue to live with!?
Many thanks for any replies!
3 REPLIES 3
samuria
Grafter

Re: Thomson 585V7 Connection but no Internet

You should always turn the router on before the pc and wait for it to connect.  It will then issue an ip to the pc when it starts up and Vista will know there is a network there and pick it up ok.
Vista should in theory pick it up if you turn it on late but in practice it can take it some time to get its self into gear
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I would say that you should be able to switch off a router whilst you have a browser session open on your PC,
then switch the router back on and your PC should continue to browse flawlessly without any need to reload programs etc.
Why not just leave your router switched on 24/7 though?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

prezzacc
Hooked

Well the other night it just frooze while i had been surfing for half an hour and wouldnt do anything, Connection still looked fine but no activity. I then searched for a wireless card update which there was and have done that, no problems since, so im not sure if its the router the wireless card or the connection or what?!
I rarely use the internet so i kid of find it a waste leaving it on all day, plus i need to watch the bills! Lol!
Thanks for all your quick replies i will keep updated.
Thanks