Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text size

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Text size

I use Mozilla. As a septuagenarian my eyes are not the best. Is there any way to set the default print size larger than what now is on screen.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
7 REPLIES 7
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Text size

View -> text size and select what you want to do.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As a quick work around - assuming it works like Firefox - press Ctrl and + which increases the text size on all sites until you close the browser (Ctrl and - reduces it)
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I don't know Mozilla, but in Firefox you can set a minimum font size.
Tools -> Options -> Content
Then in the Font + Colours section select advanced and then set the Minimum Font size that you find acceptable.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Although these methods work the majority of the time, I think if the font is set as a px value the text sizing doesn't work (unless firefox has made a change to allow for it, but it's not likely because of the nature of it).
Only em and % (I think that's the only ones) value font sizes will be altered.
(Anyone to clear this up? Not tried it in a while :P)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

My site uses a CSS style sheet which defines font size in px and it increases and decreases OK in Firefox and IE7
EDIT - this is not my PlusNet site
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Just checked this and you're right, so apologies for the confusion Smiley
retep
Grafter

I did read that you use Mozilla so you may not wish to consider IE7. But IE7's zoom Ctrl +/- (or a bottom right window button) also resizes graphics so does not distort the page as I think other browsers do.