cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text from PC/Shell ext remover

kilburncat
Grafter

Text from PC/Shell ext remover

I'm on the committee of a voluntary group that has around 200 members and I'd like to be able to text subscribers to advise them of our next meeting via their mobiles. That's really about all I need to do, although the ability for them to text my pc to sign up would be good, but I've no idea on software. Could someone point me in the right direction?
The other thing is that while making several attempts to download AVG 8.5 a 'shell extension' has been placed on my desktop and any attempt to delete or move it brings the message that it is being used by another person or program and to close that program. I have tried exiting AVG but this does not work. Is there a simple way to get rid of it?
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Text from PC/Shell ext remover

Have a look at this thread for your text message need, might suit you well http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74665.0.html
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
samuria
Grafter

Re: Text from PC/Shell ext remover

The text messaging depends how much you want to pay you can get a solution from
< snip > with this you can send it as a email
There are lots of websites that do it but the problem with you is you want to send 200.
Your second problem is that the extension is running so you need to kill it with taskmanager first and then you can delete it. Or you can run msconfig and stop it loading and then you can delete it on next boot up. Simply find it in the startup look for desktop in the folder name
dick:green Link removed at PN request.