cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tests done by KJILM123 for Premium 20 Mb/s account switch.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Tests done by KJILM123 for Premium 20 Mb/s account switch.

well they might have a Flem ish accent  dank u alstublieft
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

*sigh* I have no idea where this thread is going but in a vein attempt to get things back on track...
Quote from: KJILM123
adslctl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Channel: FAST, Upstream rate = 450 Kbps, Downstream rate = 5118 Kbps
Link Power State: L0
Mode: ADSL2+
Channel: Fast
Trellis: U:ON /D:ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
     Down Up
SNR (dB): 10.6 15.5
Attn(dB):       38.0         20.6
Pwr(dBm): 19.0 12.2
Max(Kbps): 5496 20402 Why is up higher than down ?????? <~~~~~~~~~ or am I missing something here ?
Rate (Kbps): 5118 450

Those stats look fine to me and you're receiving the speeds that I would expect. This does not suggest to me that you have a problem at all. I'd also like to point out that you said here that your downstream attenuation was 23-36db when the stats you've posted above agree with the figure of 38db that I gave you from the line test I ran?
The inflated upstream figure is odd however I suspect that's nothing more sinister than a firmware bug or similar.
As you can see my SNR is very near the ideal SNR with 10.6.

Your line will be more stable at 10db however your synchronisation speed would be higher if it was 6db

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

KJILM123
Grafter

Quote from: Dawnrider
@pierre_pierre- that's 'cos reply#53 was my post!  Do the dutch number differently now?  Cheesy

@Dawnrider,
I was referring to a post with a number in it, I guess James did not pay attention about my stats when I posted them and accused me of....well you all have go read this yourself.
KJ
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

@KJILM123 if you look at your previous post  -  Reply#77  -  this is the post number.  You referred pierre-_pierre to post number Reply~53 which was posted by...... Not you but ME!  Crazy
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

@Bob, gonna call it a day on this thread, waste of rations! Lips_are_sealed
KJILM123
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
*sigh* I have no idea where this thread is going but in a vein attempt to get things back on track...

"was 23-36db"  when the stats you've posted above agree with the figure of 38db that I gave you from the line test I ran?
The inflated upstream figure is odd however I suspect that's nothing more sinister than a firmware bug or similar.
As you can see my SNR is very near the ideal SNR with 10.6.

Your line will be more stable at 10db however your synchronisation speed would be higher if it was 6db

Did I say, 23-36 dB or did I say 23-26dB Bob ?   Roll_eyes If you read my post it was 23-26 dB. It always was.
As far as I read, I saw that "Itsme" and not "Itme" as was written (one letter missing, not one digit) had a different explanation to James G about it. The question here is, who do you believe as an observant in this already derailed train-wreck of a conversation about how we can have the benefit of 20 mb/s Plusnet Premium product service. The train of thought has totally missed the point which I was making that somewhere in the infrastructure of the delivery of a product that I was suggesting that a company has not mastered the high speed train level speeds that other companies can provide one way or another.
Do I perceive that Plusnet is thinking or believe that all speeds to any client will be 5 mb/s ? Don't get me wrong, but when you go online to different internet statistics claimed they are higher and lower in general.
And regarding the upside down figure in the finally posted stats from my Modem. Looking more closely at it, how can someone have a Max(Kbps):   5496 download speed and the 20402  upload. It would look to me if their would be a wire that is connected wrong instead of a software bug. Because 20402 looks rather more like Download speed instead of Upload speed. Am I mistaken here ?
If we or I have to take the benefit of the doubt that it hypothetically would be a "software bug" can it point out that there is something on the other hand could be fundamentally wrong somewhere and can be the sole reason why I don't get the speeds that I should get.
I can't imagine that Belkin never would have been confronted with a softwarebug of this particular hardware product, because I as far as I know you can still buy these Router Modems in the shops. Mind you I have seen something like Version 1.00 or Version 2.00. However if you go on Belkin's website only the Version 1.00 is supported in the support section.
But still I wonder what could the underlying situation regarding this, because until now this was all guess work and suggestion and not a real answer to  other Plusnet members and former Plusnet members who had quite some things to chew upon since they changed their former legacy product to a new Premier product of Plusnet.
That is why I still come back about my test question that I did with the new product Premier 20 mb/s as in hoping after the switchover to have a faster speed !!!!! That still is in the dark here. Even though everyone has a nice theory about it why..... it is like as it is.
Anyone ?

itsme
Grafter

James G and myself have a full understanding how ADSL work unlike yourself. Our disagreement was over SNR and SNR margin as these two terms are used by stats on routers to mean the same thing.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

what loony bin was he let out of this idiot is beyond a joke, bye
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

As I said before, too long in the Brown Cafes ! Oops!  Lips_are_sealed
KJILM123
Grafter

@KJILM123 if you look at your previous post  -  Reply#77  -  this is the post number.  You referred pierre-_pierre to post number Reply~53 which was posted by...... Not you but ME!  Crazy

@Dawnrider, that was besides the point, the point is that what we are talking about is...... "how to get the most out of our Plusnet Product service". Which we are talking about here with my header as topic and was started by ME ! We have been round and round the merry go round carrousel, sit on all horses and sea-horses and now I am kind a getting sea sick because we go round in circles about this topic and still have not the real problem resolved of what I think is possible. Which means that I will be accused of, it's all my fault and it is my setup and my whatever excuse that can be thrown at me for that effect. No ! It still has not answered the fact that in the past as I said in 2002 I had 6,2 mb/s on my old ADSL, (this was not even MAX) line contract that I had with Force9. As I said that was 8 years ago and I did not make that number up just to have a conversation about this new product that is supposed to give me faster speeds to prove my point only. Just for everyone's information. Nothing has changed in my setup as it was then, except kept in good condition. Nothing is wrong either with my setup as it is now. Wires, filters, connections. I went through all the checks and points to check what "could" theoretically be wrong. We don't go by theories, we go by facts, facts is science, science is facts. When we have established all the facts then it is Fact. Perhaps I am wearing some people's patience thin here, but I or regarding other Plusnet members we still have not got what we signed up for, which was the main point for me to write this topic on this forum. It thought that forums were all about those things ?
A little information about why I am here now so profound. Simply I never bothered much about it, except lately and the last months because I saw the "opportunity" to get faster broadband as Plusnet has offered in their product catalog. Big deal.
In the end of the day you can only say so much about something or an issue but if all is worn out (which I perceive now) and have no solution what was from the start the issue. Then we truly have wasted our time. With other "words" we just have to live by it. Well sorry I agree to disagree..... People on the forefront are pioneers and pioneers will never stop continuing until they reach what is possible and don't stay at the safe side and take risks. In Pioneers I was not referring to myself in this case, but I was referring to Plusnet engineers and others all over the world who are working hard who ever they are to get a thing going and break new frontiers of technology. If you disagree, I like to hear your opinion. Otherwise I will start a new Topic and go from there with other questions. There is still other things that can be asked. So we can do two things or we plod on here, because I think that is what Oldjim wanted, because I clearly could see he is a bit annoyed with me that he might think I am bumping up my post to be number 1. No not at all. Again it is about to get what we or I signed up for. I just thought I make that clear.
Regards,
KJ
KJILM123
Grafter

Quote from: itsme
James G and myself have a full understanding how ADSL work unlike yourself..

@James and Itsme,
Excuse me ? If you had that full understanding we would all have higher speeds online by now. It only shows that you do not have that understanding. Just check out how many have left because of your full understanding about ADSL as in your advice to them. But again, you don't have to apologise if your hands are tied because of not knowing where the bell really rings about this issue.
KJILM123
Grafter

As I said before, too long in the Brown Cafes ! Oops!  Lips_are_sealed

@ Dawnrider,
As I wrote before I never went to a Coffeehouse in my life. Also I never have touched any drugs in my life either. Nor will I in the future. I have no need to drift away on substance abuse like many others do elsewhere. Also it is completely irrelevant regarding this topic that I was asking about. Is this one of those guerrilla tactics to undermine someone's forum sanity for the sake of not answering a genuine topic what is not only my problem but many others too, when I looked around here on this forum ? Or are you lot running out of cannon fodder and just go round in a sort of "Autistic Asperger Syndrome" mode or you all are admitting you actually don't have a true fact or answer to a problem that I asked a solution for ? Or is this a plot to try kind of saying, Sod off KJ we know we are wrong. don't really know the answer to it, but don't want to admit it. FYI this is called . Classic conditioning  which occurs when a natural reflex responds to a stimulus. What has to result in a aggressive action of name calling, denegrating remarks and ridicule.
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

There are 2 ns in cannon!  If you're that sloppy in your english why should I trust anything else?
KJILM123
Grafter

There are 2 ns in cannon!  If you're that sloppy in your english why should I trust anything else?

Ahhh I was waiting for the next step of attack. Finding a spellings fault in a foreigner. The usual thing that many try and never succeed in, as in.... they never make a (spellings) mistake themselves. Because they are not human, but perfect.
Is this as in The Behavioral or operant conditioning which occurs when a response to a stimulus is reinforced by calling in others to trap an individual with garbage stories, finding fault and "mindbombing" and saying hateful things because they want to let their presence known by putting in weight by creating confusion in people, not realizing they have become seriously harmful towards any person who would stand up to them.
Dawnrider you think it is wrong to stand up against people and tell things as they are ? I guess not, because you are looking for needles in a haystack now.
U've become a real gutter sniper, seriously.
KJILM123
Grafter

Can we go back to the topic please, Thank you ?