cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tests done by KJILM123 for Premium 20 Mb/s account switch.

KJILM123
Grafter

Re: Tests done by KJILM123 for Premium 20 Mb/s account switch.

Quote from: James_G
Why did you say you couldn't get the stats if you knew all along that you could.

If you really paid attention to my posts then would have read that I knew my stats, I knew them long time. But I guess reading my posts from a Dutchman is kinda hard is it  ?

KJ
KJILM123
Grafter

Presumably @Oldjim has "bullied" you about keeping to the rules - shame you feel that it is bullying. Perhaps adhering to the rules might have avoided it?

There is no reason of doing as he did. If there is a problem that needs to be ironed out, then you need to communicate and not threaten, if you do not line up my overly aggressive rules and regulations which are vehemently applied by Oldjim then there is no reason to aggravate me with that way of threats. It's simply not the way of working IMHO.
KJ
Lurker
Grafter

By posting here, you agree to follow the rules.
If you don't want to follow the rules, don't post here.
Its pretty simple.
itsme
Grafter

@itme - I don't know how you think it could be ideal to have an SNR/Noise Margin of 0dB.
That would mean that there is no difference between the signal, and the noise.
The line would not work at all.
The higher the figure is the better.
Ideally you would have an SNR of 50dB with a Sync speed of 24000kbps.
Then, not only would you be able to get the top available profiles, but also there would be very few errors.

James your surprised me with your comments. I did underline the margin as SNR and SNR margin are different and it's possible on an ideal line to run at a 0dB margin.
KJILM123
Grafter

Quote from: KJILM123
Why don't you start acting like a Dutchman then, and invest some time in getting it right?

How can I get it right, if I am not offered the right things ?
KJ
KJILM123
Grafter

By posting here, you agree to follow the rules.

I just did. And there is nothing that I did wrong. But if you are someone who wants to stand upon rules I can do the same.
KJ
PS does that mean I have to click my heels too when you shout the rules, like "ATTENTION" Platoon !!!!! action, 123, 123, 123, left, left, left  ?
How about ....Parade Rest, At Ease, Stand at Ease, Fall Out and Rest.
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: KJILM123
PS does that mean I have to click my heels too when you shout the rules, like "ATTENTION" Platoon !!!!! action, 123, 123, 123, left, left, left  ?
How about ....Parade Rest, At Ease, Stand at Ease, Fall Out and Rest.

Those are not rules are they?
Perhaps this link will help you understand what the Forum Rules are.
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: itsme
@itme - I don't know how you think it could be ideal to have an SNR/Noise Margin of 0dB.
That would mean that there is no difference between the signal, and the noise.
The line would not work at all.
The higher the figure is the better.
Ideally you would have an SNR of 50dB with a Sync speed of 24000kbps.
Then, not only would you be able to get the top available profiles, but also there would be very few errors.

James your surprised me with your comments. I did underline the margin as SNR and SNR margin are different and it's possible on an ideal line to run at a 0dB margin.

SNR and SNR Margin are not two different things - they are different names for the same thing.
You may be confusing Target SNR and SNR, which are different. Wink
KJILM123
Grafter

SNR and SNR Margin are not two different things - they are different names for the same thing.

Pardon me, I would agree to disagree, because what we are talking about here if..... the Target SNR would be met. It is not being met. Far from it. You clearly are talking about  the "ideal" or "right" situation. This can only be so if the right things are in the right place. Which means as I had posted what Google is trying to do to increase their dark fibre optics on the forefront of a infrastructure for internet purposes. BT does not want to upgrade the copper-wires to fibre optics as they have done in most parts of Europe on the continent. That is why ISP's must start pushing BT for such application otherwise we still have all these "arguments" who is wrong and who is right on this forum and keep going on about calculations what the ideal SNR is to have the ideal high speed broadband.
To me it comes over like how people loved to brag about their commodore 64 25 years ago and how much memory it had and how much we could do, while we are now giggling and laughing about it because it is superseded a million times in power what we have now. Guys it simple, we just need stuff that can handle the bandwith. It's already there, but there is silly trotthelling in putting as much customers on a pipe.Whether a 155 or a 622 pipe. It is what is happening. I can understand it a little, but not quite yet. lol.
KJ

Cheers,
KJ
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

@KJILM123 Quote "FYI Dutch people are like that."
Having spent 12 years living in the Venlo / Roermond region, I do know what Dutch people are like! And Gott sie danke you are not representative of them!
KJILM123
Grafter

@ Dawnrider,
Having spent 12 years living in the Venlo / Roermond region, I do know what Dutch people are like! And Gott sie danke you are not representative of them!

We all know who live in Arnhem, Utrecht, Amsterdam, Rotterdam that the Limburgers are half German and live on Carnaval, Beer and Vlaai. No wonder they loose their heads of being meticulous.
Is there any major industry representing Holland in Limburg ? Mining is out of fashion you know.....
Quote: "A less appreciated consequence of this international gateway location is rising international crime, often drugs-related, especially in the southernmost part of the province.!!!!"
and
Limburg has its own language, called Limburgish, if not sounding more Belgian than Dutch. It is not even recognised by the Dutch, German and Belgian governments as an official language. Limburgish is spoken by an estimated 1.6 million people in both Belgian and Dutch Limburg and Germany.lol.
Oh wait we have the Maastricht Treaty that Britain loves so much.  Grin
Says more than enough I thought so.
itsme
Grafter

James, James, O dear
From Kitz http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats.htm#SNR
What is SNR Margin?
Whilst SNR Margin and SNR are related, they are not the same thing.
SNR Margin could be thought of as a "buffer zone" which is there to protect your connection against normal SNR fluctuations that can and do occur on a daily basis.
Read more: http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats.htm#SNR#ixzz0hJEPU41O
KJILM123
Grafter

Ummm can anyone still have a look at my reply # 53 ?
KJ
pierre_pierre
Grafter

couldnt find it
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

@pierre_pierre- that's 'cos reply#53 was my post!  Do the dutch number differently now?  Cheesy