Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing a website - off line

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Testing a website - off line

Hi Spider,
Thanks for the instructions... I will have a go at that, and see how it works,.....
You say it will not work with cross album navigation, by that I assume you mean my navigation links across the top of the page under my  website "header/logo" picture.
( I laid that out in  the "chameleon" settings using the "header and footer" tab )
Cheers
seanbranagh
Grafter

For any website navigation you should use relative paths to each link within the site. ie. rather than "www.yoursite.com/pages/yourpage.htm" you should use "/pages/yourpage.htm".
Same goes for content within the site like images i.e instead of linking "www.yoursite.com/images/image1.jpg" just use "/images/image1.jpg".
This ensures that your site can run on any webserver and can easily be moved from one server to another. You can fully test the site in your local machine by installing a simple webserver on it like Apache or Wamp server if you need php etc.
It is good practice to be able to fully test your site locally before putting in online.
Spider
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
....You say it will not work with cross album navigation, by that I assume you mean my navigation links across the top of the page under my  website "header/logo" picture.
( I laid that out in  the "chameleon" settings using the "header and footer" tab )

I use chameleon as well and what I found was that the header tab is fine until you start to add links. The $resPath/resource.xxx is fine for things like images as at each level of your album Jalbum makes the correct adjustment to the file path to the res folder. This does not carry over on all links so ../ would only take you up one level on your folder tree, when in fact as you go deeper it would need to be ../../, etc. I have not had chance to experiment but what I think we really need is a $albumPath.