Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminating Malwarebytes Premium Trial

FIXED
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Terminating Malwarebytes Premium Trial

I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I'm having problems terminating the Malwarebytes Premium Free Trial. I've been using the ordinary Malwarebytes for a long time, but when I was offered a free trial of the Premium version, I accepted it - mind you it didn't seem to have a way of declining it so I was stuck with the "offer" on my screen. The trouble is Premium gets in the way for about half an hour when I boot up, and there doesn't seem to be a way of stopping it, so eventually I was looking forward to going back to the old version. However, no such luck. As soon as the free trial ended it was back to the "offer", so I have just come to the end of two of these trials. So far, no third offer, but Malwarebytes is still showing as Premium Trial so maybe that is about to hit me. When I opened Malwarebytes to take a look, it went straight into scanning, so it seems to have a mind of its own.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Terminating Malwarebytes Premium Trial

Fix

Navigate to Settings > Account > Deactivate License?

In my experience that should knock you back to the free tier.

Seems it's necessary each time the software updates.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

penneck
Aspiring Pro

That did the trick. Well done! Thankyou Bob

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

EDIT EDIT EDIT ...... ah well.. !   bob beat me to it ...  Cheesy

First thing I would do, is uninstall malwarebytes....  then run CCleaner as a normal "cleaner" then use the Reg Cleaner option to clean the registry of any "sneaky odd bits" that malwarebytes has left behind.

Reboot..... it should not do any scans, as its not there any more !

then,... download the "free" version and install it ,....if you must...  Personally, I would only install it, if I thought there was something that was affecting something else.... and malwarebytes may be able to clear it or, at least , point to it.