cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephony cards & PBX - PN staff could be useful here..

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Telephony cards & PBX - PN staff could be useful here..

Hi
Having massive problems with nuisance callers for previous tennants.. so bad that we've had the number changed and ended up with more for other people!
So.. in my desperate bid to wipe them off the phone line before it rings I've turned to tech. I've got myself a switchboard designed using Teleflow but now I need to find some hardware.
So.. Teleflow supports a few telephony boards.. but is that all I need? - Will I need one of those PBX things and if so what connects to what?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
3 REPLIES 3
leonleon

Re: Telephony cards & PBX - PN staff could be useful here..

It sounds like you will need an FXO card for it to work. 
There are quite a few out there, so it's best to have a read up before you buy one to ensure it will be compatible.
If you are running the PBX on a computer that is going to be used purely for that purpose, I would recommend that you try Trixbox
http://fonality.com/trixbox/downloads?utm_source=trixboxOrg&utm_medium=quick-link&utm_content=rightb...
It's a linux based system that is very stable and very easy to setup.

While your in the process of setting it up, you may want to try the Choose to Refuse service that is offered. 
It's provided free for the first quarter and then chargeable at £6.00 per quarter thereafter.  The service basically gives you the option to block that last caller.  It don't work with calls that originate from outside the UK though.
You shouldn't need it for more than the first 3 months as the callers will get fed up of being told that you don't accept calls from them.
Leon Smiley
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this trueCall machine looks the easiest solution  Smiley 
although I would like to see how 'Sprite' gets on setting up a Linux PBX  Grin
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Linux eww lol. Not a big fan of it personally.. it's a monster I never worked out how to tame!
Thanks for the links though, I'll do some investgating Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!