cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolour TG582n

sparkrace12
Grafter

Technicolour TG582n

I terminated my contract with Sky and  joined Plusnet in July 2011 for broadband & telephone
A technicolour TG582n router was sent, I had loads of problems with numerous disconnections all very frustrating  Angry
Plusnet were brilliant very helpful, even sent a BT engineer,  the speed was increased, it  been equally as good as Sky and even better for speed.
But one niggling menue screen pops up every now and then devicelogin especially at peak times, It is the Technicolour Login screen, it asks for the Username and Password.
Does anybody know what needs to be typed in for the username and password.?Huh
Have spoken to help & support, and they have no idea what needs to be typed in.......they checked their manuals for the router, but were unable to help as they had no information at the time 
Does anybody know what needs to be typed in for the username and password?
And what is the next screen that appears after the information is typed in?
sparkrace22
11 REPLIES 11
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Technicolour TG582n

According to this site, both should be blank.
sparkrace12
Grafter

Many thanks Brian for your info, that explains why Plusnet  Support were scratching their heads too. Cheesy
I wonder how one does access that screen or why it asks for username/ password screen?- all very strange!
when I get this screen sometimes at peak times or a heavy rainstorm when I get disconnected it does eventually reconnect, after pressing the return button numerous times!.
For speed faults for the plusnet supplied thomson router the link at  http://192.168.1.254/login.ip    his link goes nowhere,  
I now use       www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk     as recommended by the BT engineer. Wink
sparkrace22
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Are you trying to access the router settings page?
sparkrace12
Grafter

At the time I was not trying to see the router settings.
But I have of late, but as I said previously I cannot log in via the username or password, and brian has sent me a link where it states username & password to be blank.
Also there is a usb socket, I presume this is for any sd card or something, then there is a button on top of the router, again no information seems to be available.
when I received the item from Plusnet back in July no user information for the router was supplied
sparkrace22
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

User name is  admin
Password  is the number stamped on the bottom of your router  In my case it consists of eleven mixed numbers.
No sure if it is case sensitive.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

The OP does not have the standard plusnet router.
sparkrace12
Grafter

Hi all
Thanks for your replies.
The the username admin, and the s/number does not work, so I still assume the inputs are left blank? as previously mentioned.
It also states that on the TG582n webpage, as previously sent.
What does the button WPS do? Again cannot find any info!
In fact what does WPS mean? Undecided
sparkrace22
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

It stands for WiFi Protected Setup - this Wikipedia article explains.
sparkrace12
Grafter

Thanks again for the useful info.
Pity Plusnet  were unable to provide me with any of this useful the info when I joined in July 2011.
but then I was told it was a new router they were trying!
It is a fairly steady router with a fairly fast & stable connection at 6.8mbs, and low heat output.
My daughter joined Plusnet recently, and lives within 5miles of me, but she was not provided with a TG582n  router, she has one with a mini aerail,
so I presume it is the luck of the drawer which router is dispatched, unless it is determined by the BT exchange.
sparkrace22
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sparkrace22,
There was only probably a handful of people who knew anything about this router. It was a small trial of a few hundred AFAIK so you must have been one of the lucky ones.
Jojo Smiley
sparkrace12
Grafter

Hi Jojo
You are probably quite correct.
I know when I rang Plusnet support, nobody at the time knew anything about this router, how it worked and they had no paperwork whatsoever.
I remember at the time thinking why have I left Sky to join these clowns?!!
But the customer support were 2nd to none when I had loads of problems with disconnections, they sent a BT engineer who was able to sort the problem.
Plusnet broadband is very good value and is far better than other competitors, with the Free customer support!
The TG582n router has worked very well so far,
Thanks again  Smiley
sparkrace22