cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor TG582n and Vu+ Duo satellite box

darrenbrice

Technicolor TG582n and Vu+ Duo satellite box

Well I went live with Plusnet fibre on Weds afternoon and have not looked back since (previous isp was Sky with a F@stnet 2504n router)
I use an open media wifi bridge to connect my Vu Duo box to the internet, the Vu is slightly better equipped for me than a standard freeview set top box.
One of the features of the Vu Duo is an openwebif page which allows me to connect to the box via internet browser, also I use to have the ability to ftp into the box to allow me to install plugins etc.
Now since setting up the Technicolor router I am unable to ftp into the Duo box and also can't access the webstream page.
The Duo box has an ip address assigned, but still no connection via ftp/openweb.
Is there anyone else out there in the plusnet community that could offer some pointers?
2 REPLIES 2
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Technicolor TG582n and Vu+ Duo satellite box

You probably need to set up port forwarding.
By default, uPNP won't work for ports 21/80 so you need to manually configure them. Do you know which ports the Vu+ Duo is using?
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Technicolor TG582n and Vu+ Duo satellite box

You also have it on the correct subnet don't you? If you set it manually make sure it has an ip in the range 192.168.1.1-252 with a gateway/dns of 192.168.1.254.