Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talktalk Huewei HG533 use on PN fibre?

FIXED
harrym1byt
Rising Star

Talktalk Huewei HG533 use on PN fibre?

I have ordered an upgrade from PN copper broadband to PN fibre. I have a PN modem/router on its way, but I happen to already have a Talktalk Huawei HG533 combined copper/fibre unit. Will this work with PN please? 

I'm thinking to set the HG533 unit up as a standby unit and maybe have a go at the modified firmware in the PN unit, if I can make sense of the thread in this forum.

5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Talktalk Huewei HG533 use on PN fibre?

Fix

This link indicates the HG533 should work on Plusnet https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Configuring-talk-talk-router-to-work-on-plusnet-internet/td-...

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
harrym1byt
Rising Star

Sorry guys, my error!

The cardboard box said HG533, but the actual modem is marked as a Talktalk DSL-3780. It has a port on the rear marked DSL then a red port marked fibre.

Does the same apply in that it can be configured to work with PN Fibre?

Assuming yes - I notice the red port is wider/ has more pins than the dsl port, what sort of patch lead might I need from the red port to the phone socket please?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Assuming yes - I notice the red port is wider/ has more pins than the dsl port, what sort of patch lead might I need from the red port to the phone socket please?

I'm afraid that won't work directly with Fibre. The red port is a WAN(Ethernet) port not a DSL port. You would need to connect it via a Fibre modem.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@harrym1byt Which PN Fibre product are you moving too.

I presume it's FTTC as the only one currently available.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
harrym1byt
Rising Star

Fibre, as in copper for the final leg down the street from the green box..