cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk-Talk

Enkel
Grafter

Talk-Talk

Don't know whether this is the right place for this but lots of people on this forum seem to be threatening to leave Plusnet for other bb & phone suppliers.
This weekend I was accosted in a shopping mall by a representative of Talk-Talk.  He asked me a few questions and then promised me Talk-Talk could give me all the facilities I am getting from Plusnet and more besides for a fraction of the cost.  I don't actually want to leave Plusnet because (a) I like my email address and don't really want to change it, and (b) I'm a lifelong Sheffield Wednesday supporter.  However I must be hard-nosed and business-like in this very commercial world and if someone else can give me better service for smaller cost I must consider it carefully.  Which brings me to my questions:  How does the Plusnet service compare with Talk-Talk?, and do I really get better for less?  You guys who don't like Plusnet very much can possibly give me an answer, but I want it backed up with fact and not just a rant.
9 REPLIES 9
scootie
Grafter

Re: Talk-Talk

all i will say is you dont find PN trying to get you to sign a contract when you will basically do anything to at last make it out the doors from hell (super market)  ;). ive heard alot about the talk talk network and cs but its all hear say so i wont qoute what ive heard
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Comparing the two packages
Talk Talk Essentials plus phone (evening and weekends) £19.94 40GB included 18 month minimum contract
Plusnet Value plus phone  (evening and weekends) £16.94 (assuming you are in a Band 3 Area) 10GB included plus free overnight usage 10 day contract
So the first question is what is your usage second is what type of downloads do you want - have a look here to compare the results from Talk Talk and Plusnet http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/caps.htm also look at this http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html?isp_77=1&isp_22=1&commit=Compare
EDIT - be aware that moving from Plusnet to Talk Talk will catch a £25 disconnection charge
mentalist3d
Grafter

Talk Talk now owns Tiscali and if Tiscali is anything to go by expect many disconnections for days at a time with no notice or explanation from Tiscali/TalkTalk whatsoever, lack of information in your account, very complicated Terms & Conditions, information is hard to find (including the Terms & Conditions) and lack of Customer Support. Thats my personal experience from 2006 - 2008 and I was very glad to leave them. Having to deal with them again to try ans sort my mothers internet connection and nothing has changed.
My broadband experience has been much more positive with PN, quick customer support, access to a lot of information, and good consistent speeds.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and reports on TV last night, Tisco was bottom of the pile re customer service  sorry to bad to spell proper like
Bojangles
Grafter

Am in the process of helping some friends get broadband in their new house. They ordered it from Talk Talk as it was the cheapest, they said someone would be over to install something?? 4 weeks later my friend rings up wondering when they are going to do this, they say they have no record of her order.
mentalist3d
Grafter

At that point I would definitely look elsewhere, just imagine what it would be like once your tied to one of their contracts (shudder to think)
leeanthony
Grafter

talktalk are awful avoid them
my mum got talktalk broadband an phone in her house and the broadband is down 50% of the time,
yeah exagerated but it really is down an awful lot. they advertise so much, everywhere but they dont even provide a decent service, for the amount they advertise i would at least expect them to provide you with a good broadband service. i laugh whenever i see them advertise now, "talktalk" its like.. yeah you sure can talk
leeanthony
Grafter

nildram were the best isp i ever used, but that was some years ago... i went nuts tryin out different isps after that, an then i went back to nildram but they had changed.. duno what it was but something was different about them, an thats when i found plusnet. i dont work for them im just a customer so i have no reason to suck up, but plusnet really are the best that i know of atm. pro package an just download like hell after midnight, happy days  Cool
matt_2k34
Grafter

Just to throw in my 2p....
Got some family members on TT, And there performance is poor to be kind, Customer Service is lacking completely.
You should know that TT utilise your phoneline in a very different way to a BT Reseller (such as plusnet) they take your line and plug it into their equipment (this is no problem) the problem arises that all they do then is plug into the BT network from there equipment, and the costs for this 'link' are not cheap - so they try and force as many users onto that link as possible, (This means that contention can play a big part in what speeds you get)
Also an interesting read: http://www.talktalkmembers.com/content/view/109/149/ - Shows what exchanges are currently enabled, (if there pitching to you from stands, can almost guarantee yours is) and what level capacity that exchange has remaining (note how many are 'full' and how many are 'not accepting' new customers..  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes Shocked